A great day with my brother!

• 85lund
    Menomonie, WI

My brother came up for the weekend so where else would we go??? Got to Everts around 6:30 and went in to get minnows and got to meet Brian K. He sent us on our way with the minnows and a few other goodies. Nice to meet you Brian We made our way up to the dam and did some jigging with both plastics and jig and meat. That didn’t produce the results that I always brag about to my brother so we anchored up and soaked some minnows. That did the trick. Immediately we started pulling in some small saugers and the occasional walleye. We fished there for a while and then decided to slide out into some deeper water. The fish got bigger but the action was few and far between (That is if you don’t count his mud puppies ). After giving it some time and pulling the last mud puppy in by simply lassoing him with the hook around his leg we decided to move in for some more action. We finished the day with a total of 4 nice keepers and a pile of shorts. You can’t beat spending a day in the boat with your brother listening to the Badgers clean house

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Sounds like a good time

jerry b
    western WI

congrats guys- -good eaters- jerr

matt_schultz
    Mississippi River Pool 4

Was that you guys in the blue Lund? If so, it was us that kept trolling past you in the gray Skeeter. Great day to be on the water and glad to see you guys picked up a couple fish too!

See you guys out there again!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Yeah that was us. Lazy mans fishing. Seemed like we were the way point for lots of boats. Im gonna give the 3 ways a try thursday. Looked like most of you guys were getting some nice eaters. Ill say hi next time i see ya out.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

Yeah that was us. Lazy mans fishing. Seemed like we were the way point for lots of boats. Im gonna give the 3 ways a try thursday. Looked like most of you guys were getting some nice eaters. Ill say hi next time i see ya out.

We were in the Green Crestliner..your boat was the PERFECT waypoint for us!

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

I was in the front of a 14′ Lund Rebel with a red parka. We caught several fish very close to your boat. When you moved for awhile we didn’t know where to fish as the “blue boat way point” was on the move. So we went jigging but could not catch anything of size. Luckily you came back to your hot spot and we were again able to catch some nice fish by your boat.

Erick,
    I did not recognize you to say hi, as we all had hats on and big jackets.

Dave Gulczinski

85Lundcopilot

Man, do I look GOOD in your boat!! What a great day for my first trip to pool 4. Thanks for the fantastic day.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Would you have been the boat Mikehd and I drifted past and then had the Badgers playing in Stereo

Nice fish

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

so we anchored up and soaked some minnows

An that my friends is Cat Fishing!

Good to meet you finally…and welcome to your copilot!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Would you have been the boat Mikehd and I drifted past and then had the Badgers playing in Stereo

Nice fish

That was us. I didn’t put two and two together until now. Nice to talk to you for a bit. Next time I’ll say hi and introduce myself. Bret, we could have met years ago if you would ever come over and fish Menomin

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Nice fish

That was us. I didn’t put two and two together until now. Nice to talk to you for a bit. Next time I’ll say hi and introduce myself. Bret, we could have met years ago if you would ever come over and fish Menomin

It will work out one of these days
    I even had enough beer in the boat to offer up a couple, Mikehd is getting old on me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.