New Laws;Iowa-Wisconsin Boarder

• FallingRock

Effective on Janurary 14 the Daily Bag Limit for Walleye and Sauger Will Change To 6 FISH and the POSSISSION LIMIT
    will be 12 FISH.I Talked to a Wis. Warden and he stated that he had heard nothing from the Wis. DNR as of yet so this could be a sticky siutation depending where you launch and what Lic. you are fishing with.Best thing that I can think of is to go by the Iowa Law change and save the hassel.If anyone has got more info please post it.

Len
    Falling Rock Bar Bait & Grill
    1-608-874-4707

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

AS with any new border law changes, you would have to abide by the laws that are current for your state and fishing licence. If you have a WI lic, and the IA law was more relaxed you would not be allowed to use the IA law because you felt like it. you would still be under the laws of your own state and licence. Non residents who come to the area to fish could pick which state to get their lic from and would then be under that states regulations. Jack.

3way
    eastern iowa.

my understanding with the wi and ia laws, wi is only going along with this in the dubuque area. others were asked to do so , but noone from pool 7 and up thought then needed anything at this time. well do what we did down here……………..wait till its tooooooooooooooo late and then in force it.

fishsqzr

The bag limit change for walleye and sauger on Iowa waters will change on Janaury 14, 2004 from 10 walleye/sauger in combination (of which only 6 may be walleyes) to 6 walleye/sauger in any combination with 12 in possession. It is my understanding that Wisconsin has the same rule which will go into effect on April 1, 2004. So there will be a period of time when the regulations will be different. You are goverened by the license you carry with respect to which regulation to adhere to. Off course, as posted by Steve – the easiest way to stay out of trouble is to adhere to the more stringent regulation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.