pool 14 pig

• toddcarnes
    Milan IL

went out sunday for a few hours draggin jigs and leaches and crawlers and plastics , caught 3 walleye 14 to 17 inch range and a couple sauger all the fish except 2 came off live bait including a 29.75 inch 10 lb 2oz fat fish ! .Thanks for the report john , we did what you and jigfan were talkin about and looked for the bait and it paid off a real nice fish! we revived him and left him there 4 ya.

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

Nice hawg you got there.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish. Looks like she has been eating plenty of that bait.

redneck
    Rosemount

Very nice fish It is sure fun when the dragging bite is going!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

What a great reward for a job well done.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Wow she is nice.

That water sure is muddy it is a wonder that she found your hook, congratulations…

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Nice fish Todd! What, no lead core?

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Awesome fish Todd! Great job finding and catching her, and especially on the release!

If I may ask, how deep was she? Most of our bigger fish have been in less than 10′ of water. Many in less than 2′!

Now I really wish I’d been out fishin’ last weekend instead of working.

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Congrats

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Nice fatty!

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

Nice fish Todd!! Only problem is I’m getting a headache trying to figure out where you were, based on the background in the picture!! I’ve got a fellow IDO’er coming down to try Pool 14 with me the next couple days. A couple fatties like that, would sure make for a good trip! You guy’s have got my hopes up!!!

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Very nice fish Todd! I do thank you for letting her grow . The bite has been a little spotty for me the last few evenings. You are giving me hope that some of the big girls did avoid the commercial nets. I am heading to Pool 4 Saturday for vacation so I won’t see you out there. Good luck !

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I knew it, with the water clarity still so up and down,(mostly down) I think the shallow draggin bite is just gonna get better. Did you happen to get any measurements on her girth? That girl had some shoulders!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

no measerments, was time to get her back in.on the clarity john we found a spot that had about 2inches more than most places we had been and thats where we found fish.we fished shallow and deep that day they were shallow but yes the water was very dirty, probaly why

HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

Is there an article showing the proper way to drag jigs.? weights, upstream, downstream, possibaly a visual pic of the rig? Thank you.

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Quote:

Is there an article showing the proper way to drag jigs.? weights, upstream, downstream, possibaly a visual pic of the rig? Thank you.

Jason Halfen and James Holst teamed up to produce a Jig Dragging DVD you might want to check out as well. >>> Jig Draggin’ DVD

All the info you’ll ever need to successfully drag jigs is covered.

wingdam1
    Milan, IL. Pool 16

Nice fish Todd.

first-light
    Quad Cities

Todd,
    Nice fish.
    Say were practically neighbors. I live in Moline.
    Will try pool 15 this Tues or Wed between 1400 – 2000.
    White Tundra 21.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.