Pool 2 Sunday

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Fishing still pretty good on Pool 2. Fished from 3pm to 7pm last night. TONS of boat traffic which probably scattered the fish a little more than normal. Caught 7 walleyes and sauger-all 15-19″. 3 nice smallies, one 8-10lb drum (monster!), a 20lb+ catfish and a 5lb northern.

Everything on shad raps, a couple of eyes and the catfish came in the channel in about 14-15′ of water. Normally everything for me comes in 6-8′. I think that the boat traffic might have something to do with the deeper fish. BTW, I was using #7 Suspending Rattling shap raps. When trolled with the current, I was bouncing bottom at 14’+. That surprised me a little.

That catfish sure was fun, got some pics of the beast before sending her back. She had my shaprap completely in her mouth (I wasnt sure if I wanted to go in there and get it back!).

MONGO
    Spring Valley, Wi.

Fished this morning (9/3) caught a few walleyes on #7 shad raps, they were also a little deeper 10′-14′ on rip rap shoreline. Hooked into a nice something or other but never got to see her, it threw the shap rap after a couple minute tussle. O’ well. Also caught some fish in a deep backwater area. I dont know if this attributes to the heavy boat traffic. I left the river at noon to find a line at the boat ramp of more boats trying to get on the river.

Backtroller
    North Dakota

What is the latest on Pool 2?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I may head out tomorrow if the Vikes win-otherwise I will be in mourning.

I will post if I go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.