Guttenberg or Lynxville(which one is better)

• tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Just wondering if the fish are biting at Guttenberg or Lynxville with the warmer temps this week.

jimmyofish

Got a bite at both pools, lots of small fish in the tailwaters ,with the bigger fish down stream ,in the channel and on the channel edges. Vertical jigging ringies and twister tails with a minnow seem to work best. Water is very clean in both pools.

sprig
    East Central Iowa

Fished Lynx this morning and only reduced two saugers to possession. S. L. O. W. was the key word for today. Didn’t see too many nets out very often for as many boats that were out there. Still early yet – it should keep getting better day by day.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I don’t think one is any better than the other right now. Like Jimmy O says working the channel edges have been the best. I was at Guttenburg both Sunday and Tuesday. Sunday was slow but the fish we caught were decent ones. On Tuesday I fished by myself. I had to weed through the small fish but managed to keep 6 eaters. I ended up with 3 saugers, one saugeye and two walleyes. The saugers came out of 25′ to 35′ of water and the walleyes came out of 15′ to 18′ of water. I did catch and release one bigger female walleye which is my first female of the year. I was vertical jigging plastics. I did not spend more than an hour up near the dam. The best bite on Tuesday was before noon. I can’t wait for March 16th and the opening of the DBQ tailwater area.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Go for the GUT!!!

I am going to be a new boston, wed, thurs..
    then the following week, will probably be at guttenberg, all weekend..

honda75
    Iowa

heading to lynxville in about 20 min. Will post up how it was later.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Fished Guttenberg four days this past week. A few fish can be caught but is a tough bite. Fishing conditions and the ramp are good. The water is very clear and the river has been dropping some. The bite should improve with a little higher water temp.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Thanks, I agree with your post. You can catch fish but its tough and the size is very small at times….Did manage to catch a few nice ones for the pan…..Good luck and it can only get better…

honda75
    Iowa

well we stuck it out all day at lynxville and ended up with our limit. All 12 were saugers though but can’t complain. Alot of dinks being caught as well. Eggs are still hard in the females and the males were just starting to get their milk sacks. So it is still early.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.