Just wondering…

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am especially interested in Pool 2, but all other responses appreciated too. I see that a lot of you guys swear by shad raps and the like in shallow water. Anyone have success pulling bottom bouncers and spinners fast though the same areas? Do shad raps outproduce when walleyes are shallow and active? Also, do you use 3 ways and thundersticks only deep or do you troll these in 6-12′ of water as well?

Thanks

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey DaveB,

I have been doing my best on wally divers lately in the 6-12 range on pool 2. I talked with a guy at gander this weekend that is using jig and minnow and doing very well around pike island. He is also casting cranks in shallow and retrieving back to the boat.

I’ve thought about trying a crawler harness and pulling at high speeds or drifting, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I just picked up the weights I need for this type of current/speed. I’m thinking with the crawlers we may get some of the neutral fish to bite vs. just the active fish?? I’m gonna be down on Pool 3 tomorrow night, but only plan on throwing/pulling cranks. I’ll give some of these theories a try next week on Pool 2.

You and I should meet up out there sometime?? Hidden Falls???

MONGO
    Spring Valley, Wi.

Daveb,

Ive had pretty good luck on pool 2 pulling thundersticks in about 6-10 feet of water. Ive been running them about 70 to 100 feet behind the boat varying the trolling speed, really making the lure bill pound the bottom. Ive tried some wing dams but to no luck.

Edited by MONGO on 07/23/01 04:30 PM.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.