1/2/2003 – Mississippi River Pool 4 by Dustin Stewart

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

AAAHHH,,,B~N…. It’s nice to see you back on the water and posting fine reports…

Thanks for the update and we should catch up to you on the water in a month or two…

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Dave,

It is good to be back on the water after a long lay off for the holidays. It’s amazing how the fishing changed from the last time I was on the river. The active fish were spending a lot more time in the shallower depths than weeks past. For what reason I don’t know, but I’m glad to see it since I like the shallow stuff.

fireflick
    Alma WI

Dustin,

We got team up like this more often. You are a great stick. I thought it was fall again that day except for the part I thought my finger were going to fall off from pulling fish out of the water. Do you think just maybe we should bring 2 nets out there now on when we team up? lol. Thanks Dustin.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

I think teaming up more often would be a great idea. We booth need more time if we are going to go out and play more often. Your a pretty darn good stick your self there Mr. Flick. I won’t be able to play for another week or so, I’ll be guiding this weekend. You just let me know when it works for you and we’ll do it again in the near future

Two nets might just come in handy. You can bring yours to next time.

predator_2

Everything is better shared. Well almost everythingLOL.

sharing a booat with you 2 was a gas and good way to see what the fish were after.

We must do it again soon.

And I will bring another net next time.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Rob,

Sounds good to me. We can all bring a net then we will all be able to net our own fish. Allthough, you did a pretty good job at hand netting those 2 bigger eye’s. Who needs a net? Now I suppose you are going to tell me about how your hands got cold and you couldn’t fish for a while. The one time I looked at you it seemed as if you would have rather done what you were doing to warm them up instead of fishing. J/K

We need to do it again very, very soon.

predator_2

From now on you get your own fish!! Or next time bing some antifreeze for the livewell. Hand dipping walleyes at the tail end of a good bite when it is about 15 degrees out is not good for the dipper. (ME) but I would do it again if we where withuot a net. Next time just throw me a scoobie snack
    Cold hands are better than lost fish.

fireflick
    Alma WI

Rob,

You may have to bring more coffee also. More coffee that we can drink while you try to grab on to the fish. I figured that will take a cup at least. Then another cup for the trolling motor.

predator_2

jerrad,
    How was the ice fishin with your boy?

fireflick
    Alma WI

He out did me again. He caught 7 nice sunnies. Me I got 000 and he won’t tell me what he was doing. Now he wants to go again and again.

predator_2

Thats way cooooool!
    Now get him on a hot tip up bite with water wolfs.
    He will get hooked forever!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.