2002 Peliminary Spawning Results – Pool 10

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Sent to us by John Pitlo, IA Dept. of Natural Resources. A little intro to the attached word document…”I have attached a brief narrative of the work we did in the tailwaters (TW) of lock and dam 10 (Guttenberg) and L&D 12 (Bellevue). As you can see – not much to rejoice over with respect to walleye and sauger reproduction for 2002. On the positive side, the 2001 year class was the strongest walleye year class we have ever seen (about 130/hr) and we saw those fish as 12-13 inchers this fall. The sauger were somewhat smaller 9-11 inches.”

We thank you very much Mr. Pitlo. Your contributions of knowledge and experience are greatly appreciated.

2002 Fall YOY Pop. Sample – Pools 10 & 12

eyesrit
    dav ia

maybe this would be a good time to put a length limit on saugers,in the southern pools.then maybe in a few years we can post some pictures of nice saugers.like the ones from pool4(one of these days my fishing buddy and i are going to get up there.) i’ve thought for a few years that they should have length limit on saugers.we try to stick to 13in.for the saugers we get from l&d 14 and l&d15 but it is getting harder and harder.especially when you see 9-11inchers being tossed in the live wells………this is just our observation,we don’t get to fish nearly as much or as much area that we would like to………..beware pool4,we are planning a trip in spring and fall in 2003,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.