sand shore at 494 launch

• BShimp
    Hudson, WI

Anyone know when they pull the dock at the 494 launch and is the sandy shore adjacent to it safe to beach a boat or is it guarded by sharp underwater rocks ready to punch holes in my boat? I usually use Lilylake but like using the dock at 494.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The flood during April of 2001 washed the old dock away. The city replaced the dock around May/June of 2001 and paid a heck of a lot of scratch for it. They pulled the dock last fall. (Fearing another one in a 100 year flood that we are getting every other year!!! lol) Pretty sure it was done early in the fall. I’m surprised it is still in to tell ya the truth. I’m hoping they leave it in too.

If they do pull it, visually check the spot you plan to beach your boat. There are a few rocks and broken cement blocks in there that can give your boat a good ding. The water in the fall/winter is clear enough to see them. You can usually find a spot to pull up without a prob.

J.

BShimp
    Hudson, WI

Thanks Jon J. I will be there Friday and/or Saturday. Weather looks like it may be pretty good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.