seeking avdvice on pool 4

• marendt
    Lake City, MN

Have not been out for awhile. Anyone have any tips on where the bite might be happening on pool 4? Not looking for piggies, just numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The best bite reports I’m hearing are coming from the lake… for numbers anyway. Maiden Rock and Digger’s Bay keep getting mentioned and longlining cranks seems to be producing the best.

marendt
    Lake City, MN

Thanks James. I’ll be out with dad today and will let all know how we did.

reever_1
    Rochester Minnesota

Hey mike ya could have called?

marendt
    Lake City, MN

We made it out. Plenty of rain to go around. We did manage to catch some fish. Started with stickbaits, only one sauger to show. Went to jigs/live bait rigs, caught many more. Bad news is we only caught one legal walleye, 17 1/2 incher. Many small sauger, plenty of sheepies to keep the senses going. Great to be out with my dad fishing. He got to fish in my new rig for the first time. I think there may be too many gadgets in the boat for him. We found all our fish in 11 feet of water just north of Stockholm. Wish I had pulled out the magic jig eariler, pulled cranks/spinners most of the morning with little success. Should have run and gun more, but how can you complain spending the day with a guy who taught you how to tie your first knot? All in all, I guess I will note this as a great day, good luck to you all. Reever, you know my number.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.