Pool 3 / Tuck

• Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Fished with Tuck last night east of north lake trolling crankbaits, what a time!! With in 15 minutes of dropping the lines, Tuck informed his bro and I that we are now over the spot that tends to give up some hogs, and WHAM, there it was, Tuck had one on, 5 minutes later the 28 inch eye was landed with a couple pictures snapped and swiming away. Made a couple more passes and hit another one, this time it was my turn, little bit smaller than Tucks but still my personal best, 26 inches and Fat as Albert. Hit a few more in that spot keeper wise and moved on to explore new territory.

Tuck had a plan to get back into a spot that he called Mileys run, he said he usually approaches this from a different angle, but with a few logs jammed up we had to take a alternate route. This seemed to be working ok with the 175 motor pushing that big dance floor on the water of his when he sprung to his feet trimming the motor up and dropping the kicker in, (knocking his beer over during the process) again going well being we where in less than 2 feet of water then we beached. Tuck worked the boat around a little bit but was unable to free it, so he stripped the shoes and went in, (he figured about 1 million years of Loon [censored] kept him from sinking more than a few inches) freeing us too fish on.

This was the first time on the river for me and glad It was with a Rat like Tuck, that guy can sure get around that hazard and find the fish. Thanks again Tuck and I look forwrd to an outing with you again real soon. Except lets do it on a Friday night, that drive back to St.Cloud last night and back to Minnetonka this morning makes the D a little cranky today.

Ps, maybe when you get the pics developed we can send them in to Hougie.

Thanks again.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It was kind of funny how that one rain cloud in a 500 mile radius found us too! I think it was your partner’s fault for even mentioning the possibility. It was 104 deg in the boat when we started, and not a cloud in the sky… then “Poof!” One wet cloud! Go figure!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Yeah big D,

I heard at the club you guys were slaying them. You know mike he has a cloud following him everywhere, Doesn’t he?

Hook

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Hook, I can tell you this, ever since he gave up the Banjo Minnow as his only bait, and started actually handling a leech once in awhile the guy has been bring some fish in the boat.

What a treat to fish with, a laugh a minute, other than the black cloud that follows us around, its a constant.

D

DONOTDELETE

Tuck also took me to that same spot a few weeks back, What a guy to take a fellow fisherperson (politically correct) and show me the ropes on a different style of fishing. Was there on the 4th of july and caught a really nice 25″ and 5 other keepers early.Tuck – Keep up the excellent work!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.