Fished Fountain City this weekend

• Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Trolled the opening cuts off the main channel. Did very well 6 walleyes over 24 inches. Most were in 12 feet of water,using Bomber long A`s 6 inch in perch and fire tiger patterns. H2O is really right on trolling speed over water was 2.9 MPH and GPS speed was 4.7 They were really slaming them trolling with the current. When ever we slowed trolling speed we would start picking up the smaller fish. Was hard to get used to going that fast. The shore line was just flying by, but that was the ticket. I never would troll that fast before until H2O started talking about getting really aggresive. Another debt of gratitude. Thanks H2O and to the board for the great information.

Tom P

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

for sure…. Ive seen people troll those speeds before, while I was slowly working a jig in deeper water….. and though I watched them I did not see them pick up much for numbers… but they sure had great size when they got them…..

and now Im doing more crank trolling too… and Ive seen if your getting small ones you might want to pick up the pace….. it usually pays off

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.