Lake City or Red Wing 10/15/04

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well guys we will be heading back up there this weekend and this may be our last trip this year . Was wondering if anyone could put us in the right area to get in on some eye action as we have never been there this late in the year. Would like to see what the fall bite is like . Will be there Fri. & Sat. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Ia James.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Well….. Gator Hunter and I were up at the dam yesterday AM and caught 1 right away and nothing but a sturgon for the other 3 hours. Did’nt see anyone else catch any fish! Might have just geen an off day.Good Luck!!!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

The bite at the dam has leveled off some. It really picked up this past weekend and held for most of the week. Now it’s “fair”. Saw a couple groups with their limit, but not fast and furious by any means. The one guy mentioned he finally had a good day pitching plastics. Said it was all sauger, but lots of action with some nicer fish. There are fish being caught and some are limiting out, but that is not the norm right now. (This post is referring to pool 4/dam#3)

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Does that mean the ringworm and K-tail bite will be kicking in?!!!!!
    Thanks, Bill

Brian Lyons

Quote:

Does that mean the ringworm and K-tail bite will be kicking in?!!!!!
    Thanks, Bill

Oh yes Bill, it will be kicking in. Maybe not this week,and maybe not next week….but after that ……Whoo Boy! I can hardly wait

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

When ya’ coming up Brian?

Brian Lyons

Nov. 1st for sure. Maybe sooner.

I had some great weekends this summer,I can’t wait for the cooler water to make it even better!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I was down this week, get this… on a crappie trip! Caught a bunch of nice slabs from 11 – 13″ on hair jigs. It was actually quite a good time. I might have to bend your arm a little next summer to get you to take me on a crappie fishing refresher course.

Brian Lyons

I’m always up for crappies, but it doesn’t sound like you need any help from me

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Guys keep telling me you’re the crappie king. You holding out on me?… lol

Brian Lyons

You are too kind tall guy. I’ve lucked into some good days,but I’m not the king of anything….Hell, I’m not even the jack … I think Herb and Fishing Machine are the true masters of the crappie craft

However, I’ll bet we could have a blast chasing slabs someday. I’ll even buy the box o beer for the end of the day

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Crappies are a blast. I even bought some St. Croix light action rods this year for panfishing. They can bend those light action rods and feel like a ten pound walleye on the end. Tons of fun. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.