New to the site

• eyecon
    Waterloo,Ia

Hi guys great info on the site i’ve seen so far planning my first trip up to Redwing the 9th-13th can’t wait. Any tips would be appreciated i have about every color moxi ring worm and puls-r’s from BfishN. Any other advice i appreciate

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Welcome to IDO.

Red Wing? Soon? Take a big dose of tolerance with you. Best advice I can give.

Stop at Everts [or better yet launch there] and talk to Steve and Kari. They have the goods and the best up-dated info on the current bite.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Don’t forget about blade baits and 3 waying. A lot of patience will be required.

Good Luck!

FDR

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Welcome

As Tom mentioned, best to think about launching out of Everts. They are so good about sharing up-to-the-minute information.

Might also be better there as the MTT (Minnesota Tournament trail) has there season kick off there on 4/12.
    Fortunetely, this is limited to 50 boats, but will still be that much more actitvity going on pool 4 and the other launches will more than likely be busier than normal due to this.
    Have a great time and post a report upon returning.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Any specific advice given now will be old news by the time you arrive.

Old Man River is changing daily.

Lots of boats on the water and at the ramp. But very few get wound up on the water. They wait to come here to vent. Helps us all learn a bit more.

Welcome to Ido!

Paul Delaney

Welcome to the IDO website I can not give you any info for the Red Wing area but you can count on getting lots of great info from lots of great anglers from many different areas across the Mid West here on this site. We will all be more than happy to answer any questions you may have so dont be afraid to ask you will find a wealth of knowledge here that will help answer your question. And also share your experiences and pictures of your time in the outdoors we all like to see new reports. Good luck fishing.

Paul Delaney
    http://www.lateeyessportfishing.com

stuart
    Mn.

You will be fishing both pre spawn and post spawn fish then.Best to keep moving till you find some fish.
    Think shallow.

eyecon
    Waterloo,Ia

Thanks guys good to feel welcomed

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

The river is a big learning curve. Everyday is different! Fish are moving constantly. Good luck. Check out everts like said they will help. You won’t be alone

eyecon
    Waterloo,Ia

I took the day off tomorrow and we are heading up tonight at like 3 a.m. got a 3 hour drive but do you guys think before this front they will be pretty aggressive??

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Welcome to IDO,
    I 2nd what Tom and Stuart said above, talk to Steve and Kari for most updated info,
    Good Luck, water levels will be going up real quick in a few days.
    Jack

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.