weekend overview the learning curve

• louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

my second outing of the season (First was a goose egg).

I like to think of myself as a pretty good stick but in all reality that only applies to certain applications.

I have fish the mighty Mississippi for a number of years mostly from shore with better than average success from winona to redwing both sides wisc and mn sides.

lots of shore time plus lots of questions equaled confidence that translated into successful trips.

now the humbling part is fishing from a boat opens the door to a diffent world.

in my mind the great walleye fisherman are versitile who can put fish in the boat in a variety amount of ways be it being vertical ..pitching dragging trolling lindying 3waying handlining ..you get my point.

I like to think I’m good at pithing..hair and plastics..what else can you do from shore..lol.

my point is every new trip in the boat is a sucsess.

and being open-minded having patience asking question can will and is for me paying off.

This last outing arriving at Everts Steave gave me the lowdown on whats been working..Lindy rigs with live bait.

not my cup of tea..why cause its something I haven’t had to do nor cared for it but as I desire to become a better fisherman I became willing to learn.

well with the wind and boat control it was a real pain..

battle battle and more battling ..no fish. went back to dock..poked around for about half an hour not sure if I wanted to go home or not…decided to give it another wack..bingo fish on..then another fished for another hour before I had to call it…low on gas..ran into a buddy at dock..hopped in his rig he asked whats working I told him I think I got a pattern….yup sure enough we did pretty well. thanks steave for the tips and info in helping a guy who thinks hes good get better.and all the ones who answers question via PMs.. for the night I took hone 5fish very nice eaters and a 24incher was cpr’ed

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Who cares about the livewell, let’s see the 24″!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Such a great attitude! Breaking habits and being open minded is the hardest part

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

“I took home 5 eaters And “A” 24 inches was cpred” ha ha ha ..never said I caught it but I will get Jd to send me a text of his fish..I know it’s just a fish story without picks lol

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Nice job Louis way to stick with a plan and put fish in the boat. I know there have been many times when I have been stubborn and wanting to catch the fish “my” way only to go home disappointed. Let the fish tell you what they want and don’t be too proud to take advice from others

Way to go!

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

Here ya go

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

Quote:

Here ya go

On second or third look it’s more on the 22 inch range..it’s was dark..at least that’s what she says ha ha ha

shamus
    Inactive

Dig the report..pm sent!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

However big it is she’s a beut!

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Strong work, Louis!!

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Inspiring report, Very Nice Job!

powereyes
    Elk River, MN

Nice job, like the way you gave your report. Keep up the good work!

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Thanks guys.. I cant wait till Friday to doing again..one thing I do know is when it comes to the river..” what worked today..wont necessarily work tomorrow “..

basseyes

Quote:

I know there have been many times when I have been stubborn and wanting to catch the fish “my” way only to go home disappointed. Let the fish tell you what they want and don’t be too proud to take advice from others

X2!

This river can deal out a big piece of humble pie. It seems especially true after you’ve had a good day.

Good report.

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Duplicated same pattern under same conditions..winder than heck yesterday 3/21/14..

Boat control was a lot easier to manage this time around…. time equals experience adds up to success. . Hopefully I can catch a break on a Friday or Saturday night to gets some time in on the nite pitching learning curve..
    No more wind

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice going Louis,
    Keep an open mind and keep learning.
    good luck in the next few weeks.
    Best big fish time is probably now for the next
    three weeks,
    good luck
    Jack

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.