pool 4 plastics

• hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

i finally got the shed door unfroze and the boat out heading out on thursday, Never really fished with rindworms, moxies, puls rs, and stuff how do you guys fish them. Do you vertical jig them up there or is it more draging? most of my walleye fishing was done on pool 5 when i was younger and all we used were 5/8 walleye killer jigs with minnows.

jsrevermann
    Central MN

Don’t forget about Super Doos. They are my choice at this time of year. Drop them to the bottom and lift just off the bottom and hold for at least a ten count; if you’re not getting bit hold longer. Drop down to find bottom and repeat.

Start in 18-20 feet of water and if you’re not getting bites adjust from there.

Be willing to change colors often if you are not getting bites. If you find a color that is working make note of the cloud cover. If the sun pops out or goes away you might have to switch colors to get a bite. Be ready to switch back if the conditions change back.

My go to colors are white, orange, and blue. There are a lot of other colors, and you can never have too many, keep switching until you find what works.

Good Luck

taz
    Frederic wi

Your best bet this time of year would be to use flukes, super doos, and the small paddle tails. And anywhere from a 1/4 oz jig and lighter. Dragging will pick up a few fish but your best bet would be hold the bait a few inches of the bottom. You might want to pitch blade baits also good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.