Prescott or Pool 4?

• irishman

I am going fishing on Saturday. Looking for recommendations. Would you head to Prescott or Pool 4 at this point in the season?

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I struggled south of Prescott last weekend. Not sure how the guys fishing the confluence did. It’s hard to beat Pool 4 this time of year and throughout the winter and early spring.

Good Luck,

Boone

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Yes….life is full of difficult choices.

Ryan

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

P4 was hot last week, cold this week. At least that is unofficial report.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I haven’t a clue about the bite up there, but if you get to Everts early enough, I’m looking for a few brave soles to be guinea pigs for my trail batch of bacon wrapped Spam with Jalapenos.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I was hoping ol’ Woodie would stop by today with his three man report from yesterday.

I don’t recall if he said 100 fish or over 100 fish.

…but never count on yesterdays second hand info.

bryanr

Quote:

I haven’t a clue about the bite up there, but if you get to Everts early enough, I’m looking for a few brave soles to be guinea pigs for my trail batch of bacon wrapped Spam with Jalapenos.

I’d be the first Guinea Pig in line and be all over that. LOL. Unfortunately I’m coming down Sunday.

BTW- I’m a rookie in multiple facets. Rookie poster (long time stalker) here on IDO and a Pool 4 Rookie.

This leads me to my next comment. I’m just a shade nervous about heading out solo as a Pool 4 Rookie but I can’t hold back any longer. If anyone that has a shade of experience down on Pool 4 has an interest, I have an open seat in my boat. Just reply or PM me. Whichever you prefer. Planning on being down to Evert’s early Sunday morning.

Thanks all. This is great site filled with great people and great info.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Welcome to the posting side of Ido BryanR!

If my seat wasn’t taken on Sunday, (sorry St. Croixer) I would go out with you! I’m ready for a channel cat dinner!!

bryanr

Quote:

If my seat wasn’t taken on Sunday, (sorry St. Croixer) I would go out with you! I’m ready for a channel cat dinner!!

I thought cats were house pets….didn’t know you could eat those.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

I fished p4 last night from 7pm-12:30.

Missed a couple monster walleyes, put a 21″ in the boat and 3 nice eater saugers. They are there!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bryan, cats are very good once mastering the proper way to clean them. It took me a few times to get the hang of it…

Here’s one of my first attempts at cleaning a cat.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Forgot to post the pic…sometimes that changes everything.

With practice, it gets much better.

bryanr

That’s fantastic. Almost like plucking a goose I would presume? LOL

riverdan

If you like pulling cranks or handline prescott has been good from 3 red cans below to the no wake marker in front of the cabana, pool 4 will with out a doubt produce fish, pool 2 is great right now tips of wing dams

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

How early. I’m heading down in the morning?

bryanr

Quote:

Brian. Saw you out there Sunday. I was circling around you for a good period of time with all of the rest of the “Suckers” catching 10-12 inch sauger all day….LOL.

Saw there were some leftover Bacon wrapped Jalepeno spam in the office too. I was a little hungover from by buddies B-Day the night before when I got on the water so I avoided them. Didn’t want to take too many trips back to shore….LOL.

Good work with the gal on the cats. Looks like there was some good fun.

Oh BTW….I was in the Black, White and Blue DC Fishhawk. I wearing a blaze orange Beanie and a gray hoodie with orange print on the front. (Put on the carhart coat very late when the little breeze blew in) Spent the whole day standing on the back deck of the boat jigging blades and Moxi’s.

Ended up being solo Sunday so just wanted to kind of get a feel considering it was my first trip to the infamous Pool 4.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

You should have hollered at me!!

All those people fishing “the hole” went home with a mess of little fish.

I “heard” later today there will be a fishing report about shallower water fishing. Hope that happens. Folks are fishing waaay to deep, but the action is faster in the deep water and there are some that never fish shallower then 30 feet.

Don’t get me wrong, I love eating 14″ saugers but not when I have to catch 20 ten inchers to get them. Did you notice how fat the eagles are down there?

PS for BWS and BBQ sauce, they were very “light” eating.

bryanr

Quote:

You should have hollered at me!!

All those people fishing “the hole” went home with a mess of little fish.

I “heard” later today there will be a fishing report about shallower water fishing. Hope that happens. Folks are fishing waaay to deep, but the action is faster in the deep water and there are some that never fish shallower then 30 feet.

Don’t get me wrong, I love eating 14″ saugers but not when I have to catch 20 ten inchers to get them. Did you notice how fat the eagles are down there?

PS for BWS and BBQ sauce, they were very “light” eating.

I thought about hollering at you but didn’t want to disturb what you had going on over there.

I did fish shallower than most of them. Probably should have moved to the wingdams but….being first time out really wasn’t too sure. I did move and pitch the rocks on the east side just down from the dam a ways with no success. That is actually where I first saw you before you moved up to the dam.

Those birds are definately not starving….LOL.

Lots of ducks getting blasted east of the dam most of the day as well. Could see the Robo-Ducks out in the field.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Lots of ducks getting blasted east of the dam most of the day as well.

I shot some video and there were a lot of bangs recorded!

Shoot me a pm before you go out next time. Steve at Everts keeps me pretty well informed. Or check in with him prior to leaving. Weekends are a little harder because of the boat movement, but there are good size fish to be had. The fish cleaning house proves it.

bryanr

Quote:

The fish cleaning house proves it.

I noticed when I left….LOL.

Thank you sir.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.