Pool 14 Weeds!

• uhlee1
    Dav. IA

Finally made it up to pool 14 and was greeted by 30mph winds and Lots and Lots of weeds. Couldn’t troll through the weed islands and jigging was difficult at best with the wind. Didnt manage to boat a single walleye. Hope somebody else had better luck than us. It still beat going to work though, maybe next time…

gary d
    cordova,il

Yes that wind was something.We did not walleye fish,but we ran into some nice bluegills. They were just or standard size and enough for a family meal.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Very tough bite on pool 14 today. The wind was brutal and the weeds made every cast a struggle. We did boat a few small eyes and one nice greenie. We did have a good day catching largemouth with several nice keepers coming aboard. The eyes were with the bass , but it was ten to one bass to walleyes. Casting bombers and one eyes was the preferred methods. Spent the day with fellow IDOer Wingdam1 as always it was a fun day. Sure beats working.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Yeah the grass was pretty thick. We managed to put a few in the boat yesterday. I tanked a 8+ at the boat. It just about broke my heart. I just hope today is better. Best of luck to all going out today.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Friday sure was a tough day on the river, but with water temps hovering around 60 degrees, the great bite is just around the corner!

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Rising water temps are not helping. Temps came up 10 degs where I was fishing in 3 days. Sat was the best day for me. Where I was fishing,grass was not to bad. Sunday was just crap.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Had a blast Wapo. But my still hurts.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

I was on P9 at the same time. Grass wasn’t that bad but all the fish were short.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.