Walleye Searchers Of Minnesota Take A Vet Fishing Day

• Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Hello everyone the Walleye Searchers Of Minnesota will once again be doing our event Take A Vet Fishing on august 24th 2019 out of colvill park in red wing! Every year we have more veterans active duty and gold star families sign up for a fun day out on the water and every year we are in need of boats! I am asking the IDO community If you are free that day and have a boat and could help out by taking a vet or two in your boat fishing for the day that you sign up. We will have snacks and beverages to take in the boat for the day and feed a lunch when you return in from fishing. Pictures of previous years events can be seen on our website at http://www.walleyesearchers.org any questions or if you would like to sign up contact me either on here or via phone (507)-358-1764

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I sincerely think with a little help from The ido community we can make this event bigger and better each year!
    The smiles on these vets faces is priceless and just a day on the water in the boat and seeing old buddies makes the day great!
    Hope you all have a great day and hope to see you at the event!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9886-1.jpg

2. Attach12688_20180825_152009-1.jpg

3. Attach12697_20180825_172938-1.jpg

4. IMG_9886.jpg

5. Attach12688_20180825_152009.jpg

6. Attach12697_20180825_172938.jpg

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Still looking for volunteers to take a veteran in there boat fishing for the day!!! I promise you will enjoy yourself! any and all help is appreciated! hope you all have a great day!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m a Pool 4 guy but with coaching and most nights already running until midnight that time of the year, it simply isn’t an option for me.

If you find some IDO’ers who are taking vets have them shoot me a PM and I’ll gladly share notes/reports from my local fishing partners who generally stay on the fish year round.

Thanks for reaching out and organizing this.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

as of now I would like to sign on for duty could take 1 person for sure unless something terrible comes up as my mom is on hospice program! thank you

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I’m in. I’ve got a 16’ Lund tiller 50 hp that could take on one for sure, possibly 2. The Vet(s) or family members in my boat will be drawing the short straw, no Skeeter 200 hp but I am adept at snagging a sheephead or 2.

To date I’ve only been on pool 4 a couple of times so maybe Bucky Badger can point me in the right direction and pattern as we approach game time.

I’m glad you’re doing this and giving me an opportunity to help the Vets and their families.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

My only hesitation is I have never fished pool 4 except the river in the spring. If get a few pointers I have a boat and could take a couple out that day. I would feel terrible to turn in a poor performance with expectations high though.

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

sorry for the late response.. i will put those that are willing to help on my sign up sheet and reach out as we get closer to the date to double check availability. Even if you are a novice pool 4 fisherman it will be a great day we usually have the boaters show up to colville park early so we can all discuss recent fish locations and what has been working so that everyone can get the vets on some fish.. Thanks to everyone who has tentatively signed up we really appreciate it! any questions feel free to call or text me if you would like 507-358-1764 Nick Dennison

BoatsHateMe

Bump as we get closer

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I am not exactly “slaying” the fish by any means. I’ll share my limited intel via PM if anyone who is taking a vet out wants to swap ideas. To note, I’m not a big wingdam guy but as the flow continues to slow that’s where a lot of the productive walleye fishing will be.

Thanks again to everyone volunteering for this great cause.

Steve Kracht

Hi Nick
    Just spoke with you.
    I am going to see if I can clear my schedule and get the rig down to help.
    Steve

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

The event is just a few weeks away and is shaping up to be a good one! currently sitting around 30 vets numerous active duty and 2 gold star families! Again any help is appreciated @buckybadger thank you for lending a hand with a current bite report! anything goes on this day panfish bass walleyes as long as they make a vet smile thats all that matters! thanks again everyone

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

i got ya on my list randy i will be giving ya a shout in the next few weeks with the itinerary for the day thanks again buddy look forward to seeing ya again!

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I am available with boat if your still looking for another boat!

BoatsHateMe

I’m thinking at the very least I’ll be “prefishing” this Saturday or Sunday (17th or 18th), Maybe even Friday the 16th.

If anyone else wants to, it might be a good way to work through some strategies or patterns. Maybe we could meet up at Covill or for breakfast?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I believe I will be free with a 17 ft boat and 60 tiller. Nothing fancy. Fits me plus 2 comfortably

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

I won’t be able to make it out this weekend as I’ll be finalizing everything for the event! Good luck and hope you get into em….bearcat89 can you shoot me a text message with ur name and then I will have your phone number as well so I can get u on my list…507-358-1764 thanks everyone and this event is shaping up to be a good one!!!

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Well a huge thank you is in order! We had a great turnout of boaters and helpers this yr for the event! Thank you to all that came and gave us a hand either by bringing ur boat or by showing up and helping back in trailers! Pictures can all be found on the walleye searchers of MN Facebook page. Was a great event and the weather cooperated nicely! Just about everyone caught fish and had a smile at the end of the day! Thank you all and hopefully you would like to help next yr as well. The goal is to keep growing the event and invite more veterans but without boats we just can’t do that so thanks and have a great week everyone!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thank you nick and every one who put this event on. It was alot of fun to be apart of

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Thank you nick and every one who put this event on. It was alot of fun to be apart of

X2 was a lot of fun and was very well organized. I think I could get use to the valet boat launching and landing. waytogo

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

valet boat launching….ill see what i can do to make that happen more often lol thanks fellas i cannot run this event without the help from you guys!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The valet boat launching and loading was pretty damn awesome. I gotta say that was very smooth

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.