Vexilar FL28

• AaronMoore

I would like to know if these units are silent? thinking of a up grade from my fl20 or is it a up grade?? I’m not really interested in a Marcum unit.

big_g
    Isle, MN

too bad.. thought you wanted to upgrade…. devil jester doah

Mocha
    Park Rapids

too bad.. thought you wanted to upgrade…. ” /> ” /> ” />

Difficult to upgrade when you already have one of the best like the FL20 Or FL28 wave coffee

I have not been around the 28 but I will not give up my FL20 peace

AaronMoore

Big G you marcum guys are so funny ;)

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The 28 is much quieter. It’s actually the main reason I got one. I’d hav to say the upgrade is well worth it.

My wife got me the FLX28 Ultra Pack at the end of last season. Totally worth every cent. It’s way more sensitive and the added features are amazing. It makes me feel like I was fishing blind before and I have always had a vexilar. It’s very quiet and the battery lasts a long time. There is 20 different frequencies this comes in handy when you have to bring along that one guy who just had to be different and sport the red flasher. Well worth it even if I would have had to pay for it myself.

Jon

I had a LX-7 when it first came out, I sold it last year for a FLX-28. The marcum is great when it’s working but I needed something more reliable. Below are my pro’s and con’s

Lx7 – Ability to change views (sonar to chart), get free software updates, big screen, ability to view whole water column and zoom entire water column. Heavy, sometimes dynamic mode picks up to much interference, LCD screen (colors not as rich).

Flx28 – LED lights, simple buttons, light, reliable, doesn’t interfer when next to another vex or marcum, QUIET.
    Doesn’t have zoom at any water columns, paying for basically a fl-20 but LED version.

Overall, you can’t go wrong with either. I’ve experienced great customer service at both companies, reason why I didn’t go with Humminbird because they are out of state.

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

I like my 28 also but I’m either not used to, or not 100% sold on that 9 degree transducer in shallow water. I’m not sure I wouldn’t buy the head unit and a 12 degree transducer if I was to do it again, otherwise the unit works very well and I’m glad I bought it. It’s super simple to use and dependable compared to the MarCum units.

AaronMoore

I guess I could just get the head and use my duel beam transducer. Same connections right?

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

You can, they all fit. I tried the LP and gain but still not charged up by it, it’s probably just different and I’m not a big one for change.

Lawrence Luoma

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Boss Hawg wrote:</div>
    I like my 28 also but I’m either not used to, or not 100% sold on that 9 degree transducer in shallow water. I’m not sure I wouldn’t buy the head unit and a 12 degree transducer if I was to do it again, otherwise the unit works very well and I’m glad I bought it. It’s super simple to use and dependable compared to the MarCum units.

I used to get frustrated with that too at first. Then I learned to switch it to LP and then crank the gain up. It will widen the cone out for you.

Mathew, is dead on with this one. There isn’t a better transducer to use in the shallow water than a Pro View Ducer. Widen that secondary cone created only with a Pro View Ducer in lower power or weed mode is just absolutely amazing!!

Nathan Bayerl

I was told that the only transducer that will work with the fl 28 is the pro view ducer. All the other units you can change ducers around from units. That’s what the rep at the Thorne Brothers show told me.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

If you want to watch cartoons then buy a Marcum…
    If you want to find fish then buy a Vex

Sorry Marcum guys!!!

Wicrappieguy

I was told that the only transducer that will work with the fl 28 is the pro view ducer. All the other units you can change ducers around from units. That’s what the rep at the Thorne Brothers show told me.

Completely false. Any transducer will work with any of their units.

Jon

Love the new tri-beam on my flx-28.

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Yes, completely false. All Vexilar transducers fit all models.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

too bad.. thought you wanted to upgrade….

If you want to watch cartoons then buy a Marcum…
    If you want to find fish then buy a Vex

Sorry Marcum guys!!!

will it ever end??? coffee

big_g
    Isle, MN

no, it’s called healthy competition and banter. what a boring world without it !

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Big G, I think that little character in Biggill’s post was him still reading the operators manual!
    That’s all it is, good-hearted bantering. They’re both great products.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

But the humor has long passed.

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Sorry Biggill, I guess I was counting on you having a sense of humor. Guess I was wrong but thanks for the belittling reply. Humbug

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.