SD Pheas opener?

• timmy

Any opener reports?

Even though the forecasts were down, I am hoping to hear some decent reports before our trip is finalized.

T

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m still gathering reports from friends, but here is what I saw. Still lots of corn in, but it’s coming out very fast. I would say in two weeks, unless it rains a lot, there will be very little corn left in eastern SD. Lots and lots of hunters around this weekend. We had a fabulous hunt at my dad’s place, less than 2 hours and we were done. Had the blockers been greedy on the first push, they could have been done in 20 minutes.

What area you hunting?

timmy

Redfield to Miller area.

Looking to hit it early Nov.

Thanks – Tim

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s what I thought. The crops are coming out in that area very fast. You should have a great hunt there.

jt_fish

Just got back from the miller area. 2 of us hunted for 4 days and got our 6 each day, but we definetaly worked for them. I would say roughly 50% less birds around compared to last year. Also 50% less hunters.

The crops are 90% out i would guess. I would guess a november hunt would be good. Give the birds a little time with less hunting pressure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.