Anyone with South Dakota news and Updates????

• dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

I was just wonder how the Pheasant conditions and weather conditions are right now in the Sioux Falls to huron, South Dakota areas are right now…I hunt in Huron every year going there for the begining of the season and normally doing my last five days on christmas…If anyone has any conditions on these areas can you fill me in…

Thanks ~Dylan~

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

any updates would be nice to know???

thanks guys!!!

kurtkid
    South metro

I’m going to White Lake on Friday, I’ll let you know.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

“kurtkid” that would be nice thank you and good luck!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Dylan,

The local crops are all but out. The area had light snow cover, but central SD was unseasonably warm after they got 5-6 inches, so a lot disappeared. I’ll be in the Huron area for work on Monday or Tuesday. I’ll keep an eye out, but from what I’ve heard from the locals, typical late season results. Spooky birds, but they are bunched up in traditional areas. When you can get into them, you can quickly fill a limit.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

kooty so you are a resident of huron??? Yeah ill be heading back there christmas eve or christmas day to do my last 5 days and thats nice to know what you told me!!!!!I’m getting a new shotgun tonight and want to shoot down a few birds hopfully with it once i get there :]

kooty
    Keymaster

No, I’m not an SD resident any longer. Sadly, cuz I lost 9 years of preference points for Black Hills Elk.

I’ll be out there for work and the plant manager there is a big pheasant and walleye guy.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

very but so you’ll be out there though???

kooty
    Keymaster

Good luck, lots of birds around, but they are very spooky. Still some nice snow cover in the Huron area with more possible this weekend.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

kooty, ya only 5 days to go just got a new shotgun and ready to us it. It’s been a big help that you supplied me with this good info. Planned the spots I’m going to hit first.
    The most amazing thing is that I found a person 9 hours away where I hunt cool

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.