Upcoming MN/WI Border Water Regulation Review Meetings

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

whats interesting is that if there’s a change to bag limits, I’m willing to bet there will be a bunch of fisherman that have undies in bunch!

Damned if you do damned if you don’t and it looks like someones undies are riding high already over someone else s opinion.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

I plan to be there in Winona. My biggest gripe is the difference between the two states’ regulations that pertain to the same body of water. Work together, adopt the same regs to manage the body of water

Why should I have to keep track of where I am on the Mississippi? Why can I use three lines, move 100 yards and have to put two away? Why is my possession determined where I anchor? Why is my bait of choice restricted because of where I anchor?

Fix this and I am a happy camper. er… fisherman. waytogo

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Tim, I’m 100% with you.

The first reply will be “when your driving you’ll have to obey the WI laws which are different then MN’s or visa versa”.

At least on the road the speed limits are posted and we don’t have to go look them up. Totally agree…it’s frustrating and if a person tosses in the boating regulations…it’s down right a nightmare.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

My follow-up response would be that I cannot drive on the same road in both states! I hear ya, though…

MN DNR Fisheries – Lake City
    Lake CIty, MN

Tonight’s the night!

The last of the scheduled Mississippi River Border Water Regulation review meetings will be held in Winona tonight from 6:00-9:00 pm.

Tuesday, May 22, Winona Middle School, 1570 Homer Road, Winona, Minn.

Grab your buddies, call your friends, and come share your opinions on limits and size regs for the border waters. Chances for a review involving multiple states are rare, so please take a bit of time out of your schedule to share your input on goals and priorities for management of the border water fishery going forward.

MN and WI DNR staff will be present.

Thanks and hope to see you there,

Nick

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.