two pulls

• Jimmy Jones

and the tiller started right up this morning.

What began as a “maybe” re-arrange the garage moment by moving the snow blower to the back of the column of many power equipment pieces ended as soon as I remembered I’m in Minnesota and even with this great weather we’ve had, Old Lady Nature has a way of $hitting in the Wheaties. I already had the tiller pulled out so I thought what the heck, and gave a couple pulls. Started on #2. Runs like a top. In fact, I was so inspired by my good fortune I tilled one of the gardens! I figure if anything will drag rain and snow in the area a freshly tilled garden should do it.

I think I’m going to the garden center to see if they have my onion plants in yet. I’ll plant them if they do.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That reminds me that I need to pull the snow thrower out and run the gas out of it. Never even started it this winter. That’s crazy after how many times it saw use the previous winter. Crazy weather winter for sure

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Are they selling gardening seeds and onions now. I remember covid regulations, they pulled all the seeds at the stores chased . Because operating your garden was a danger to the public

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Are they selling gardening seeds and onions now. I remember covid regulations, they pulled all the seeds at the stores chased . Because operating your garden was a danger to the public

That must of been a MN thing never happend here. Hopefully next time you go to start it will only be 2 pulls also.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That reminds me that I need to pull the snow thrower out and run the gas out of it.

I’d give it a month or two yet… whistling chased jester

Jimmy Jones

Menards stores and Fleet Farms are full of seeds now. I’m checking on onion plants this afternoon but not holding my breath. Gotta remember that we’re easily a month of normal schedule.

Garden worked up wonderfully. Now we need some moisture. It wouldn’t bother me in the least to see it start to rain at 9pm every night and stop at about 5 am. Do that for two full weeks and I’d be a happy camper.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Garden seeds are everywhere, chicks are being sold by the dozen, and boats are being washed in driveways and tuned up for the season here.

…will MN weather stab us in the back, or make way for the longest “warm” season we have ever seen? It should be interesting to find out.

Jimmy Jones

Garden seeds are everywhere, chicks are being sold by the dozen, and boats are being washed in driveways and tuned up for the season here.

…will MN weather stab us in the back, or make way for the longest “warm” season we have ever seen? It should be interesting to find out.

I’m trying to stay optimistic, but having lived here for well over 70 years I guess I still have that ” don’t trust Minnesota weather” thing very well engrained in me.

CaptainMusky

WTG Jimmy! You just totally jinxed us. Right after you posted this I saw a forecast for a massive snow event here around March 21.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

WTG Jimmy! You just totally jinxed us. Right after you posted this I saw a forecast for a massive snow event here around March 21.

must be boys BB tourney time rotflol what’s Bellruis saying mrgreen rotflol

CaptainMusky

Haha! I am sure Gim will be all over letting us know about the snowpacalypse.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.