Two lines in MN passed it's first hurdle!

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

So, safe to assume the two line thing died on the vine again? coffee

Like the Vikings say……….”wait until next year!!” wink

Why?, what did you see/hear?

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Two lines with dangling bitesurecatch… Poor fish won’t have a chance!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    So, safe to assume the two line thing died on the vine again? coffee

Like the Vikings say……….”wait until next year!!” wink

Why?, what did you see/hear?

I haven’t heard or read anything. Which is what led me to believe it died again.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s alive and moving along. It still has the walleye stocking provision in it that I would like to see go away.

“Next Year”, you guys have the beginnings of becoming excellent law makers. )

Timmy

What’s the walleye stocking provision?

At this point, I am happy enough to see it advance that I don’t care if they tag a walleye stocking bill to it, even if I disagree with that!!

Last I saw, it was also tagged with a $5 tag to allow the second line. Boy I hope it passes!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Last I saw, it was also tagged with a $5 tag to allow the second line

The $5 is earmarked for walleye stocking. It was added to appease the walleye folk that that hadn’t ever fished with two lines and are sure there will be less fish in our lakes because of people using two hooks.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Maybe the fee can be $50 and the DNR can mail a Walleye to the guys who need two lines? coffee

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Odd, I was thinking the same thing sort of…just mailing the $50 to the guys that are afraid of using two lines so they could subsidize a second rod and realize it’s not the end of walleyes. toast

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Odd, I was thinking the same thing sort of…just mailing the $50 to the guys that are afraid of using two lines so they could subsidize a second rod and realize it’s not the end of walleyes. toast

18563 102st Ave
    Bloomington MN

I prefer cash though!

Andrew Pansch

Big stone and traverse have been two lines forever and the lakes have been very sustainable.

Timmy

Does anyone here have an idea as to the timeframe for further progression of this? Would this be something likely to be enacted in 2020 if approved, or is there a chance they could enact it on the fly during the season?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyefishwalleye wrote:</div>
    Two lines with dangling bitesurecatch… Poor fish won’t have a chance!

rotflol rotflol rotflol

But, he has sold 1000’s of them! smirk

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

is there a chance they could enact it on the fly during the season?

No need to wait Timmy. We can use upto 3 hooks fly fishing right now! toast

Denny O
    Central IOWA

4200 then? devil

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Keep in mind that if you’re the person that doesn’t want to use two lines, you don’t have to. It won’t cost you anymore to continue using the one line.

To quote a friend “I can use three lines in WI, but most of the time I use one line. Depends on what and how I’m fishing”

Another fella summed it up very well. “No one is forcing you to pay the $5. or fish with two lines. Just don’t f%$@ it up for the rest of us”

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Keep in mind that if you’re the person that doesn’t want to use two lines, you don’t have to. It won’t cost you anymore to continue using the one line.

But, but, but I still have to pay for walleye stocking to replenish the lakes when all the fish are gone.

Remember it’s all about the walleyes.

Deuces

coffee

Attachments:
    1. MEME20190426_130908.jpg

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

To quote a friend “I can use three lines in WI, but most of the time I use one line. Depends on what and how I’m fishing”

Another fella summed it up very well. “No one is forcing you to pay the $5. or fish with two lines. Just don’t f%$@ it up for the rest of us”

I couldn’t agree more on all of that!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The privatization of the lakes in Wright county is just around the corner so it won’t matter if the law is 1 line, 2 line or 12 line.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

^ Won’t happen…but we’ll know for sure in the next couple weeks.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

^ Won’t happen…but we’ll now for sure in the next couple weeks.

Agreed. That’s why we have MNFish.

MJM

Mn Fish doesn’t even return phone calls about the regional inspection subject. One line or spider rigs legal, when they close public landings because the lake contains an invasive species(grassroots agenda #8 for MN COLA), your fishing is done.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I am hearing that the 2-Line proposal did NOT make it into the final piece of legislation headed for the Governor’s desk. Can anyone confirm this?

Graham Redshaw

I’m on the two lines side, seems to me that the people that find fish won’t be affected and people who can’t will feel like they have a better chance of success.
    I am also on the cut limits on sunfish to 10, crappies to 5, and walleyes to 4 if MN goes to two lines.

disco bobber

Wolf hunting, chronic-wasting disease, two-pole fishing, and a new state bumblebee: What lawmakers agreed to, and didn’t

2 lines failed.

fishmantim

Someone explain to me the rational behind not allowing two lines…at the end of the day you can only keep 1 limit..what difference does it make if it takes 3 hours vs 6 hours? Just something for the “Do Gooders” to whine about and charge extra for..

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 273 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.