Two Helix Units One Transducer…

• gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

You can turn off the chirp and it will show up on the network then. I had the same issue when I got a gen 1 helix 12 on the dash and a 1198 si core unit up front. Sorry I assumed they were all chirp capable units.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

So I found out that you can not network a Chirp unit (my Helix 12 is a Chirp) with a non Chirp unit for depth. It will network anything else but not the depth. I moved the 12 to the bow and I could use both the bow and the rear transducers. But with the 10 and the 9 I could only use the rear transducer and not the bow one connected to the 12. You’d think with $4000 worth of the same electronics they could all network?

Sorry I don’t have anything constructive to add. But after reading through this thread, it seems that the focus has shifted to an almost “technology” arms race almost forgetting that the objective is to find and catch fish. No offense intended, but if it couldn’t get any more complicated.

I don’t know, but back in the “simpler” times fishing with my dad with just the focus on finding and catching a few fish was a treasure compared to all the “science” that seems to have consumed today’s practices. ???

Attachments:
    1. fishing.jpg

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Yes turn chirp off on you 12.
    I’ve been doing this for a while now, no significant loss.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I agree, Chirp doesn’t do much for you in shallow water.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.