Two Harbors

• Rich Smith

Launch is open, Coho are there, bring sand for ramp.

Charles

Man I wish I could find a heated garage up there and bring up my boat, man that would be fun.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Man I wish I could find a heated garage up there and bring up my boat, man that would be fun.

Why would you need a heated garage?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I was there yesterday and watched a couple boat come in.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Tom, do you have a property up there? Asking because you seem to know the area/breakwater well (thanks-have learned a lot reading your posts over the years)

fishmantim

Are people fishing the French river by chance? Up there for a few days this weekend and thinking about going and see if there’s any stray kamloops or choo hanging around

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tom, do you have a property up there? Asking because you seem to know the area/breakwater well (thanks-have learned a lot reading your posts over the years)

Yes. 10 miles inland. I’m on the breakwater every morning and every afternoon when we’re there except this time of year.

Ma had a quilt to take to her finisher in Two Harbors so we drove up and dropped that off then took a cabin run and a little tour thru the parking area of the breakwater before heading back to Duluth and the hotel so we could go to Bentleyville Sunday evening. I spoke with one person getting a truck /trailer to pick up his boat and he said they did ok on cohos.

We did not get down on the scenic route returning to Duluth so I have no idea if people were on the French. The Lester had quite a bit of broken shale ice washing around at the mouth so nobody there fishing. Nobody at the Stewart either but it was free of any ice at the mouth. Actually in and around Duluth on the big lake there was considerable shale to be seen. Inside the shipping harbor at Duluth there were maybe 100 people that walked out from Park Point. Seemed to be three points of focus, but no idea if they were catching.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I just checked the site that monitors the breakwater and ore docks and a guy just showed up with a boat and there are a few people casting the breakwater clear to the end.

Rich Smith

I watched Two boats & a Yak Launched at Two Harbors today.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I see a familiar boat at the dock right now…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have a couple buddies that live right in town and they’re still walking the breakwater and casting for cohos….getting fish too. Apparently there’s a lot of salmon still in the area.

rubberduck
    east bethel

Is Two Harbors the only place to launch right now from Duluth? When does mcquad harbor usually ice out?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I was up there fishing on Sunday and can confirm TH is the only place.

Attachments:
    1. 40BE407F-E740-4B09-99A3-5499C201689C.jpeg

2. AE9CD15D-C117-4CD4-919D-DA008C6F58E7.jpeg

CBMN
    North Metro

That looks like a piece of cake compared to the Pool 2 Ramps Gil… At that stage a pick axe is almost better than an ice chisel because they don’t need to be sharp. Tail lights can get busted up on the loose stuff but that looks about as easy as it gets for winter boating. It has me thinking my winter river boat might need to be a great lakes boat…

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I has me thinking my winter river boat might need to be a great lakes boat…

If it floats it’s a Great Lakes boat.

Hopefully this cold blast doesn’t screw things up.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I seen a center console heading north on 35 near Rush City Sunday morning and wondered if it was you heading up there. There is only so many CC boats heading north this time of year.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If it was 5 am it was me.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Yep it was early. How was the catching?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

We did ok. One looper and a few lakers. Couldn’t find a salmon to save our life.

The majority of our lakers were very deep. 150’+

rubberduck
    east bethel

Thanks biggill. Cant make it up till march now so I guess we’ll see if things change.
    No Salomon ay? Thats weird

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.