TV Reception

• Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

I have been unsuccessful in receiving any TV signal in my RV. I’m in Garrison. Does anyone know if TV signals are very strong in that area or do I have to have my antenna real high to receive it?

At the moment I’m unsure if it’s my antenna or if it’s the signal that is the issue.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I can pic up several digital channels off a set of rabbit ears. (Big Point Area) Noting worth watching most of this time. Mostly PBS programming.

-J.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Thanks guys. Matt the website states several channels should be receivable in Garrison. But I wonder how high I need to be.

Jon I’m mostly interested in getting news and weather most of the time. Only plan on being the RV on raining days and on the lake the rest of the time. LOL…

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

There are no news or weather stations that I am aware of. (No national broadcast channels) Most of the channels are station 50 and higher on the digital receiver.

-J.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’m on the Malmo side. Very hard to get any reception over the air. Only have been able to get a few PBS stations.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Also, you may want to try and do your digital scan at night. A lot of the channels I lock into at night do not get picked up during the day.

-J.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Well that’s disappointing. Thanks though guys.

JoeMX1825
    MN

i’m at a very low spot on a lake near Aitkin and I can get channel 4 in perfect HD over the air with one of those 100+ mile antennas on amazon.com. I have it about 12′ above the ground pointed somewhat southeast… I would prefer channel 11, but i’ll take channel 4 as it has alot of sports on the weekends. I mostly wanted it to catch up on the news at night. Antenna line goes under the cabin into a powered booster and then split into 2 separate lines (living room & bedroom)

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I am on the eastside of the lake and use web apps to run a TV. ESPN, FS1, Big 10 Network. I love college football and this way I can be at the lake and still not miss Gopher road games.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I am on the eastside of the lake and use web apps to run a TV. ESPN, FS1, Big 10 Network. I love college football and this way I can be at the lake and still not miss Gopher road games.

I wanna go fishing with ptc peace

BigWerm
    SW Metro

If you have a smart TV and good cell phone reception you could stream TV. Depending on what you have at home you could have an app that would get most or all of your at home stations too.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Thanks guys… All good stuff. For now I’m going to hold tight and check with the resort owner for the forecast before I head out on the lake.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

If you have a cell phone, use that for weather.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

If you have a cell phone, use that for weather.

Ha… good point. Duuuuhhhhh… LOL… Sometimes I think too hard.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.