2011 MN State NWTF Convention

• Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

What part of the mississippi are you on? If you are around pool 4 it is walleyes- anything 15″ or over, and sauger there is no size limit. A total of 6 fish per person, either saugers or walleyes or both.

wingdam1
    Milan, IL. Pool 16

Pool 16. Walleyes minimum 15 inches. SLot is 15-20 inches. One walleye can be kept over 27 inches. Saugers are anysize. Remember it is a lot of fun to catch and release. Take a picture.

fishsqzr

Remember that the protected slot is from 20-27 inches – so the harvest slot is from 15 to 19.99 inches. Keeping a 20 incher may get you in trouble. Not trying to be smart or anything – just trying to help someone not get into trouble.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I had a chance to make it up to the festivities this past weekend, even checked out a few of Chris Walls’ calls that took some prizes!

It was also my first hand at judging a calling competition, and was quite a bit of fun. The callers on the state and North Star Open competitions were very accomplished, and the owl hooting was a blast to judge. Not watching someone call, and just intently listening really helps you hone in on exact tones, pitches, cadence, etc.

The banquet was a good time, and Ron Schara was fun to listen to. Lots of great stories told and fun had by all!

Joel

alanmdk

It’s good to hear you made your way behind the judges screen. Takes one hell of a man to listen to turkey calls for 4 1/2 hrs straight. Wish we could have made it, but there is always next year.

CW

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

It’s good to hear you made your way behind the judges screen. Takes one hell of a man to listen to turkey calls for 4 1/2 hrs straight. Wish we could have made it, but there is always next year.

CW

I couldn’t get enough. Could’ve done it for two more hours! Really was cool to hear them perform some of the more difficult calls. Fly down cackles, assembly hen yelps….all that stuff is tough to do perfect.

Joel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.