Tuffy 1890 Osprey cockpit size

• nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

Hi guys,
    Starting to get serious about upgrading from my Crestliner 1750 Fish-Hawk to a glass boat. As of right now I have narrowed my search to the Tuffy 1890, Skeeter MX1825 and Skeeter WX1900. Would like to know how big the cockpit is in the Tuffy. Looking at pictures it looks like the bow area is huge and that the cockpit is pretty small. My fishing is kinda split between jigging/rigging and trolling, also would be pulling kids on tubes when the time calls for family fun. So a large cockpit area would seem like a good idea for comfort. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Doug Rauls (NailsWI)

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Kirt Hedquist would be a good resource as he’s run that boat for a number of years.

Pete

KirtH
    Lakeville

I can get some measurements for yah, I had the older 1890 which the rear cockpit was smaller then they shortend the splashwell and the back is 6″ bigger. Where yah at? I would be happy to show my boat. My kids find the front deck very comfortable!

It is a fast smooth riding boat thats dry and well built. I do a fair amount of trolling and the back is nicely sized. And its an awesome tube pulling machine.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Call me if you want to chat, 612 366 7076

iceman35
    upstate New York

Some great youtube video of somebodies 1890… I had a 1760GC and the room was amazing… 1890 would be huge…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Some great youtube video of somebodies 1890… I had a 1760GC and the room was amazing… 1890 would be huge…

HAD????????????? That sounds like “past tense”. You sell the New York Tuffy?

iceman35
    upstate New York

Yes, the New York tuffy is gone. Very sad day. After a flash flood, huge paycut at USPS and house repairs, Helping my 94yr old father, It had to go. was only using it less than once a week. Glad to say that a very happy guy picked it up and took it back to the Mother ship, (wisc).
    I’ll Probably never have a tuffy again, That deal was just too good 5 years ago… With That being said, That Tuffy 1760GC was the best boat I ever had. Fished quite a few bass tourneys in it, It turned heads and I still was in the money quite a bit. An amazing fishing boat. If Some good things do happen Tuffy is the only boat I’d go with.
    But who knows, maybe that dream 1890GT tiller will come true. (all Black)

For the original poster… A G series has some increased space up front too.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Glad to say that a very happy guy picked it up and took it back to the Mother ship, (wisc).

If I had the cash, I would have bought your boat in a heartbeat, but instead I turned my buddy onto your boat. It was definitely worth the drive for him..

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

Quote:

Glad to say that a very happy guy picked it up and took it back to the Mother ship, (wisc).

If I had the cash, I would have bought your boat in a heartbeat, but instead I turned my buddy onto your boat. It was definitely worth the
    drive for him..

Were you the guys in the Tuffy just below Castle Rock Dam last Wednesday?

castle-rock-clown

Close your eyes, click your heels 3 times and say “there’s no place like open water”. Then hook the boat up, fill the has tank, and head for the areas below the Petenwell and or castle rock Dam. The bait shop right at the castle rock Dam is open, but call ahead 608-339-2967.

iceman35
    upstate New York

The old NY tuffy is blue and white 1760 with 150 merc, powerpole… lotta big fish caught with that boat here. will be missed this spring… thanks for telling your friend about it. I drove thru monster storm to meet him in PA… ripped the cover in half!
    when the wind blows and the chop kicks up, get out in that boat and floor it…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.