TUCR APEX ELITE BAITCASTER

• Brian Wenzel

Im wondering if anyone has used the TUCR apex elite baitcaster and what they think of it? Is it as nice as the St. Croixs in that price range? If not what baitcasting rods would you guys recommend for under $250? Thanks

snelson223
    Austin MN

I just ordered 2 of them. I think they have 15% off this month. I would give John a call at TUCR and see what he can do for you.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I like it for sure. I am biased but they are a solid rod and a very nice handle. We designed the handle from the ground up.

Let me know if you want to check one out soon. Shop is closed to walk in right now.

John

Dan Baker

I love mine, but as John said, I am biased. I am mostly a bass guy, and the action is perfect for what I am looking for. The tip is pretty stiff, and the backbone is really stout. They have an amazing feel. I really relied on them last year for texas rigging in the deep weed edges of Minnetonka.
    Dan

Nate
    Blaine, MN

I’ve been asking the same exact questions, Brian. I’m looking for a workhorse casting rod. St. Croix is what I know, but I’m still looking around.

My TUCR ice rods are awesome, but I also knew what I was getting into, because of the attention and praise they’d gotten. I haven’t seen reviews for the open water offerings, and I’m still on the fence. If the open waters are as good as the winter rods, I’d be thrilled!

I’m hoping someone will chime in that has used one.

Nate

tucrs
    NW Metro

Once the shop opens backup we will have a dozen or so to play with. We want people to be able to feel them and maybe every try them out.

John

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I would take a look at Kistler rods. They are all American Made. I know at one time Gary Loomis Was doing some design work for them – Not sure if he’s still associated with them anyway. I own several of their rods and think they are some of the best rods I own – That includes G-loomis and St Croix.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

They use NFC blanks

I would take a look at Kistler rods. They are all American Made. I know at one time Gary Loomis Was doing some design work for them – Not sure if he’s still associated with them anyway. I own several of their rods and think they are some of the best rods I own – That includes G-loomis and St Croix.

Brian Wenzel

Which model would you recommend in the Kistler rods?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

They use NFC blanks

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

Is that a good thing or a bad thing????

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Which model would you recommend in the Kistler rods?

If you are looking in the 250.00 price point – I’d look at the KLX series

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.