truck thru the ice

• WishIwasWiser

Lucky dude. We were fishing out of trappers and had to run to Walker this morning. Guys at the store told us the driver popped out the window, stood on the door and jumped just before the truck dropped 20ft. “He says he will never drive on ice again.” I can understand that reaction!!

Then we stopped at Reed’s. Tellin ya, love that store. Got a small town feel even though the store is huge. At least 8 different employees said “good morning, can I help you find something” when we walked by. Shouldn’t be so note worthy except every single one of them sounded sincere!

munchy
    NULL

Heard a Bobcat fell through on Nokomis today

Brittman

I saw that and posted it on the Mille Lacs thread on the ice fishing forum. Posted there as part of the reason why some ML resorts are limiting who and what goes out on their roads.

The bobcat going through the ice on Nokomis was part of the Pond Hockey Tournament prep.

Charles

Bobcat going through the ice would be scary as f! Its not like you can just jump out of it.

ThunderLund78

Bobcat going through the ice would be scary as f! Its not like you can just jump out of it.

That and it’s a lot of weight concentrated in a smaller area and less of a sealed cab to give you a little time before it sinks like a stone. I would assume if it was for the pond hockey thing, it was hopefully close to shore and in shallower water.

LabDaddy1

No kidding. Wonder if it was in shallow water

munchy
    NULL

Most newer Bobcats(skidsteers) have a top escape hatch. Still scary as hell however.

Charles

Most newer Bobcats(skidsteers) have a top escape hatch. Still scary as hell however.

You ain’t getting out that easy, I would assume they had some type of bibs on also so it would be a tight fit.

tswoboda

I would assume if it was for the pond hockey thing, it was hopefully close to shore and in shallower water.

Sounds like they went through close to shore but with all the rinks some end up like 500′ from shore and the deepest rinks are out in 25′ of water. Probably need some more ice before they start running heavy snow removal equipment and zambonis out there – but they’ll need to clear the snow to make more ice. Hope it’s ready by end of the month, I’ll be down there for it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ll be down there for it.

Do you play in it or just spectate?

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>
    I’ll be down there for it.

Do you play in it or just spectate?

I’m a participant. Our wives all bring the kids down and it’s a total s-show but everyone has a blast.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230110_083818_Gallery.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m a participant. Our wives all bring the kids down and it’s a total s-show but everyone has a blast.

That’s awesome. Good luck to the K Wings.

tswoboda

That’s awesome. Good luck to the K Wings.

Thanks, we’ll need it! I think we got relegated to the open division this year so likely going to get destroyed. The wives will appreciate no games on Sunday though

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.