Truck Through White Bear Lake Yesterday

• wormdunker

What a bonehead , must be nice not having a care in the world . “Citiots” hah

Dumbarses everywhere just more concentrated in the city but since we on the topic of stupid people.

Last week a guy went through the ice on Serpent on A snowmobile, dead.
    2 weeks ago the couple lost their lives on Red.
    12/11 2 rescued after going through an Eveleth lake on sleds.

Guessing they were all on vacation from the city by your logic.

Rod Bent

He must’ve thought he had the off shore package! LOL

kabefisherman11

Wow must be taken a wrong turn on the way to dance class….

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

W dunker .. no those tragedies appear slightly different . “My logic” is brand new suv going through the ice on white bear lake this early in the season in the tc metro sure looks like city slickers from here in plainview . wave

Bass_attack

I wonder if he took it back and claimed it was defective? The sales guy said it was good for snow and ice driving doah

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This was not on the shore. Very close, but all four tires were on ice. This happened at the Ramsey County park launch. For whatever reason this guy was off roading through the park or was running along shore.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Morel King wrote:</div>
    What a bonehead , must be nice not having a care in the world . “Citiots” hah

Dumbarses everywhere just more concentrated in the city but since we on the topic of stupid people.

Last week a guy went through the ice on Serpent on A snowmobile, dead.
    2 weeks ago the couple lost their lives on Red.
    12/11 2 rescued after going through an Eveleth lake on sleds.

Guessing they were all on vacation from the city by your logic.

I was going to make this point but didn’t think it worth my time. This logic pisses me off as well. I can tell you from experience that there are plenty of idiots outside the city as well.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

And another Darwin award winner. Just outside Duluth yesterday.
    And these two are not “Citiots” but not too bright just the same. There really is no lack of being dumb all over this state when it comes to ice and vehicles.

“Two men are safe after the truck they were in went through the ice on Grand Lake near Saginaw on Wednesday afternoon.

The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office reported that the truck’s two occupants, Charles Warga, 32, of Burtrum, Minn., and Rex Campbell, 66, of Grey Eagle, Minn., were able to get out of the truck before it went under water. The men, who were on the lake to go fishing, measured the ice at 10 inches near the boat landing, but the ice was only 3 inches thick where the vehicle went through, according to the Sheriff’s Office.”

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Are you guys ready to have your microscopic mind’s blown?

There are more idiots who live in the cities than outside the cities.

There are more smart people who live in the cities than outside the cities.

*Imagine a .gif of Keanu Reeves going ‘Whoa’*

wormdunker

Think you are missing the point. The guy that starts the “Citiots” argument is similar to the walleye guy that starts an argument because he hates bass or the chevy ford guys arguing. As if catching one fish species qualifies you as a better human being than a person that fishes for another. Or as if owning one truck over another indicates your intelligence.

The nature of the comment is more idiotic than the content of comment.

That is all I am saying.

Everyone knows there are more idiots in the cities, that I will never argue because it is SOOOOO obvious.

But if stupidity is determined by the number of people who die on the ice every year, I think out state does take the cake.

Now if you want to define stupidity by how many rich guys die in private aircraft crashes every year, then yeah rich citiots take the prize.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Just in…dead man claims life insurance…now is millionaire. hah

BigWerm
    SW Metro

It’s almost as if there are…more…people…in…the cities!!!

Lol your post made me laugh Phil!

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

If this is real why is there no article?

That said, I went out to check a metro lake on Sunday and found 3″ from where I could reach off the dock and shore. Two guys and a dog were walking across the whole thing with no gear at all.

queenswake
    NULL

Just unbelievable. And about that snowmobiler on Serpent — they said he went under at 5:30 on Monday morning. Who in the hell is on a sled at 5:30 AM on a Monday morning unless it’s part of your commute to work? Even with solid ice, that’s just idiotic to be sledding ANYWHERE at ANYTIME at that hour when the chances of anyone hearing your cries for help are slim.

Charles

Just unbelievable. And about that snowmobiler on Serpent — they said he went under at 5:30 on Monday morning. Who in the hell is on a sled at 5:30 AM on a Monday morning unless it’s part of your commute to work? Even with solid ice, that’s just idiotic to be sledding ANYWHERE at ANYTIME at that hour when the chances of anyone hearing your cries for help are slim.

The sad part about that, where he went in the lake it was just capped over on Saturday in that spot not sure why he stopped in that spot what actually happen.

kabefisherman11

I don’t care if ur from the city or country. Doing idiotic things will get you branded an idiot….. now hold my beer lol

SW Eyes

I’ll bet you I can guess which guys in this conversation are from the cities….

If you want to see citidiots, head to Walker or Brainerd for a weekend in June-August. You can’t miss them, they’ll nearly capsize you by tearing through your fishing spot on a jet boat, wearing Ray-Bans, and blasting Drake (or some obscenely bad rap music). The true citidiots aren’t on the lake come November/December (maybe a sleeper rental team-building weekend at most).

Another note….don’t necessarily have to be from the city to be a citidiot. I’ve applied that term to many outside of the cities. It’s about state of mind, not the GPS coordinates at which you live. Naturally, 98% of these people live in the city/suburbs (meaning the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area).

wormdunker

But………

Sad stories with I am sure horrendous endings but this too was a Northern Minnesota Lake.

ATV rider drowns after pair goes through the ice on northern Minnesota lake

Not to be outdone by……

Couple survives 25 minutes in icy waters after ATV plunges into northern Minnesota lake

So to label people from anywhere is just stupid. There are ignorant people everywhere, all I am saying.

kabefisherman11

Wow people this ice season is becoming very unsafe already. Seriously no fish is worth your life. Be safe. With the weather it seems more like spud time than atv time.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

To drive on a lake in metro might as well lift lips over head and swallow. – Max Goldman

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.