Truck camper tie downs

• dbright
    Cambridge

What are you guys using for tie downs on your truck camper? I like the torklift tie downs but they are definitely proud of them. Happijak seems to be the only other option that I am running across. Are there other options I am not finding? I do not want to go with the stake pocket tiedowns from everything I have read and heard about them in the new trucks.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I had the torklift on my 2010 f150. I liked them.

Not sure what else to say really. I guess they were fairly easy to install too.

I will ad that you definitely want to get helper springs or air bags. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Also make sure you have load range C or E tires. Not sure what ply that equates to but you definitely want more air in your tires for stability. 50-60 psi minimum.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I had Torklifts on my truck when I had a camper.

Actually that reminds me…I still have Torklifts on my truck and no longer need them since I got rid of my camper a few years ago. Anyone need Torklifts for a 2005 F150?

I installed Timbren overloads on my truck. http://timbren.com/timbren-ses/

Less expensive than any other option and very easy to install. Mechanically inclined people can install them in 15 minutes. It took me a half hour.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.