Dunn County on Monday

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Fishing was decent until about 9:00. Then the sun came out and not a cloudy in sight. Bluebird skies. Brown trout were not really biting, just the smaller aggressive ones. We switched it up and hit the lower end of a brook trout stream in search for a trophy. Well, Matt did find a chunky 16″ brookie that briefly took interest in his spinner however no hookup. We caught some nice keepers though in the 10-12″ range.

mikkar
    South Saint Paul, MN

nice fish and awesome pics especially like the 3rd from the bottom heck of a underwaer shot

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

what camera were you using?? nice fish.

red89
    Hudson

Dunn county, huh… Guess I better go look for some trout. Could you give a guy some suggestions??

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Hey thanks guys. From what I can tell the majority of streams in Dunn County are brook trout only. My favorite is catching big browns however eater brookies in the 10-12″ range are fun too. Interesting if you worm you will either catch a chub or a brookie but no browns!

Here is the tip I found that took me to my spot. Read the info on Dunn County.

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/reports/fishingreport/fishreport2010_web.pdf#WCR

My camera is a Panisonic Lumix DMC-TS1. It is shockproof and waterproof. I’m pretty happy with the shots.

My best underwater shot to date is on the Rush River April 1. Incredible river bottom.

Here are a few more underwater shots:

Hard to not stir up the water and you have to take a lot of shots because you cannot look at the preview screen so just take a bunch of photos. Most don’t turn out. Once in a while you get a good one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.