Eau Galle Sat May 16

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Fished Eau Galle below Spring Valley this morning from 5:45 – 9:45. Landed twelve browns and five brook trout. One brookie was 10 and another was a little over 11″ Kept a few for the smoker today. They are in the brine right now.

They really liked the PM spinner. Worm they were not crazy about today. I used a #9 (3/8 oz) the whole time. I think I could have caught more with a #6. The #9 treble hook is just so large I’m lucky to hook on 1 out of the three barbs.

Ran into a middle aged guy with his kids fishing behind me. The guy has worm on a fly rod “Old School” he told me. Just straight mono tied to a hook and a worm. I felt bad as the sun was up the fish became skittish and I heard them leave right away.

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

Nice looking fish! The Panther Martin spinners are awesome for trout… They are all I would use early in the year when I used to do a lot of trout fishing. I actually use to fish that stretch of river all the time probably 15 years ago a so. Nice to see there is still trout in there.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

scudly:

Great pictures again as usual!!! Those brookies are so pretty!!! They were just finishing up the restoration work on the EG when I left school in the early .’90’s and always hoped to get to fish it once it was a little better rejuvenated.

For you panther martin guys, try a Worden’s black rooster tail in the 1/8 spinner size. I am telling you, you will catch fish on ’em. I used to buy them by the card (12 at a time). Keep on trouting guys, starting to green up nice!!!

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.