Team Reel Recovery Coordinator Retreat

• CRA
    Onalaska, WI

Having a job in the fishing industry is cool. I get to go across the country and fish with interesting and unique people.

But this weekend I got a phone call from my friend Bob from Reel Recovery, an organization that takes me with cancer on fishing retreats, to join him in exploring new waters. He was on my side of Iowa and was getting the itch to fish with me. We got on the phone with Andrew, another coordinator for Reel Recovery and decided that Richland and Grant Counties would be the perfect place for us to have a coordinator retreat as it wasn’t too far for Andrew to drive.

Bob and I met up in Cashton and fished in the West Fork of the Kickapoo on Saturday for an energizer for Bob, then headed off to Andrew’s neck of the woods Saturday afternoon. We met up with Andrew for dinner and drinks, then retired at our hotel.

Sunday, we met up with Andrew at Cobb and fished the streams of Richland and Grant Counties for the majority of day.

It’s always a blast fishing with friends, and the bite was simply fantastic! I even got to put my camera down and fish a little bit, catching this nice ‘bow on a 1/4 oz PK spoon.

CRA
    Onalaska, WI

For dinner, we ate at Muscoda, at a place called Vicki’s. I thought they were going to roll us out the door. Great little place with great food. I’ve never seen Andrew eat so much. It’s good to see him getting his appetite back.

I’d highly recommend eating there if you’re in that neck of the woods.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.