Attachments:
    1. Newlyweds-1.jpg

2. Newlyweds.jpg

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

OUCH. Trouble in River City indeed!!!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I like that one. I remember in the days before marriage we thought it was cool to find a girlfriend that would like to do everything we did. Eventually you find out you don’t want them around all the time and would rather go with just the boy’s!

stjoeguy

Not exactly newlyweds (52 years) but I had to show that to my wife and pass it along to some friends. She was working in her quilting room, so I told her just substitute material or yarn. Thanks for the chuckle.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was officially emancipated yesterday (for the 2nd time doah ) and hope to God I never have to have that discussion again. EVER!

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Thirty-five years ago or so my buddy got married. When he showed up at the reception his wife had is boat parked at the front door with a very large for sale sign on it. She got lots off offers.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I like that one. I remember in the days before marriage we thought it was cool to find a girlfriend that would like to do everything we did. Eventually you find out you don’t want them around all the time and would rather go with just the boy’s!

Great point.

My wife and I don’t have the same exact hobbies or interests, but we appreciate or accept eachother’s interests. She doesn’t mind spending a day in the boat or pitching in on an odd job construction project. Likewise, I will pitch in cutting some things out for some of her crafting ideas or pitch-in when she wants to plant flowers and whatnot. I will even go on a wine tour cruise once in a while if she wants(man card revoked for a minimum of 30 days afterwards though).

She wouldn’t do a 3 or 4 day fishing trip. She doesn’t want to work 10 hours in the sun helping someone build a shed. I wouldn’t go on girls’ night wine tours or cruise the river shops on a Summer afternoon either. Having your own hobbies is healthy. I love my wife to death but still appreciate alone time.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Thirty-five years ago or so my buddy got married. When he showed up at the reception his wife had is boat parked at the front door with a very large for sale sign on it. She got lots off offers.

Did she come with boat or did the boat come with her. Lot a guys will do some strange things for a boat. Maybe buyers remorse, dangle a boat as bait. Best chum in the world.

Friend of mine got divorced over fishing after 2 years. Fish won that round or did he.

Coletrain27

I saw this on the Facebook the other day jester

Attachments:
    1. 936B55BC-C557-47D2-881E-B8998396EB2A.jpeg

catmando
    wis

2nd Honeymoon I got damn tired of her laying around till noon every day. I went to town bought a flyrod, waders, the works, drove to Hatch Utah and caught some trout, and some kind of foot and half shiners. Paid her off 2 years later. Life is good! Dk.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I get married on April 30th. My fiancé loves fishing too. I’ve had girlfriends that didn’t like/care for fishing before. It is significantly better having a significant other that enjoys the same activities.

I went from a girlfriend saying “What? You’re going fishing again?” Uhhh yeah.. do want to come with???

Now, my fiancé is excited to fish. Never complains when I buy fishing gear, doesn’t complain about buying a new boat. I fish far too much to be with someone who doesn’t fish. I wouldn’t get to see her very often if she didn’t fish!

JEREMY
    BP

Thats cool and all til she has to go with everytime. You will loose your fishing buddies in a hurry if you drag your old lady with eveytime. Would you like it if everytime your best buddy met you at the landing he has his girlfriend with.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Well…it depends Jeremy. Ahh…not going to go there. shock

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.