Trolling Motor Deals At The Sports Show

• TMF89

Anyone bought a TM at any of the sports shows before? Looking at a 36 volt Xi5, and I’m wondering what kind of discounts/deals I can expect if I wait a few weeks until the Northwest show. Thanks guys.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Take your best price and go to Reeds last. Tell them you have cash in hand but need a deal.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Definitely go prepared to buy, it’ll be worth it. I bought my Terrova from Marine General which was normally $2350 for $2050 plus some ridiculous pricing on some rods and reels. I enjoyed the service so much there that I didn’t bother shopping the different vendors. Paid with cash. It was delivered 2 days later (no shipping charges). Strangely it shipped from Hannay’s so they must be related somehow.

MnPat1

Definitely go prepared to buy, it’ll be worth it. I bought my Terrova from Marine General which was normally $2350 for $2050 plus some ridiculous pricing on some rods and reels. I enjoyed the service so much there that I didn’t bother shopping the different vendors. Paid with cash. It was delivered 2 days later (no shipping charges). Strangely it shipped from Hannay’s so they must be related somehow.

Hannay’s is the dealers dealer for parts and accessories in Minnesota. If you order something from a marine dealer it usually comes from them. If I need parts I usually call them first.

TMF89

Thanks guys. Now I just need to find someone there that stocks Motorguide. Thorne Bro’s, Reed’s, Joe’s and Marine General don’t stock them on their websites.

B-man

Thanks guys. Now I just need to find someone there that stocks Motorguide. Thorne Bro’s, Reed’s and Marine General don’t stock them on their websites.

I’d look long and hard at a Minn-kota my friend.

The Motorguide remote lacks any display, and the unit makes a barely audible beep(s)

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TMF89 wrote:</div>
    Thanks guys. Now I just need to find someone there that stocks Motorguide. Thorne Bro’s, Reed’s and Marine General don’t stock them on their websites.

I’d look long and hard at a Minn-kota my friend.

The Motorguide remote lacks any display, and the unit makes a barely audible beep(s)

I love my Xi5 and sorry but the display in the remote makes it too bulky and heavy, but let’s not do a ford vs chevy thing. evil

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Plus, I believe that minn kota’s built in sonar is only compatible with Humminbird electronics. Motorguide I believe is compatible with Lowrance.

B-man

Plus, I believe that minn kota’s built in sonar is only compatible with Humminbird electronics. Motorguide I believe is compatible with Lowrance.

The 2d is universal, works for anything.

But yes the imaging transducers are proprietary

TMF89 what electronics are you running?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The 2d is universal, works for anything.

Nope, not the Lowrance “Hook” series stuff. No adapter cords were ever produced.

-J.

B-man

….

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200311-155402.png

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Good to know. They were not out this time last year. Guys in the Lowrance booth at the sports show said there were no plans to make them!

-J.

B-man

Good to know. They were not out this time last year. Guys in the Lowrance booth at the sports show said there were no plans to make them!

-J.

I had a Hook 7 wired to a Terrova at least 5 years ago??

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

None for Hook 2 7X. So probably Hook 2 series stuff. (Crappy sonar btw…)

-J.

TMF89

B-man, appreciate the advice, but I’m looking at a replacing an 80lb thrust Xi5 I’ve had for a few years. I’m a Lowrance guy, and was a Minnkota guy too until I was forced to choose. Agree 100% some sort of display on the remote would be nice though!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.