trim tabs

• clawman
    Spokane Wa

I’m shopping for a new boats and Warrior is #3 on the list of considerations. When I look at pics of boats at dealerships about 1/2 of them have trim tabs. Is their hull design such that they need trim tabs? Why?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I followed a v203 on the way to the lake yesterday. It had a 300 hp merc plus a kicker. Warrior seems to kick out a lot of big boats with big horse power. So maybe weight has something to do with it.

Curious whats your top 3?

clawman
    Spokane Wa

I currently have a Skeeter MX 1825 which I like a lot but hate the storage. ex. It rained here last night and I did not have the mooring cover on, only the cockpit cover so I KNOW the two front compartments are wet, and everything inside is wet. Not damp soaking wet. I feel loyal to Skeeter but what is it worth?
    I have been in a number of Rangers through the NWT series the last two years and am very impressed.
    My perception of Warrior is they are a fishermans fishing boat. Like the idea that the guys that design them fish hard out of them.
    Skeeter
    Ranger
    Warrior, order to be determined

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’m shopping for a new boats and Warrior is #3 on the list of considerations. When I look at pics of boats at dealerships about 1/2 of them have trim tabs. Is their hull design such that they need trim tabs? Why?

Trim tabs are becoming more common on all 20’+ boats. More people are starting to see the advantages-better ride in rough water, improved top speed in certain situations, and stability.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

There seems to be a perception out there that trims tabs are a band-aid fix for a poorly performing boat. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The fact is, trim tabs will do next to nothing to cure real hull issues. They help, but they can’t solve a porpoise problem and they can’t solve handling or holeshot issues.

Trim tabs are an amazing tool for fine tuning your boat’s performance. There’s a reason why they’re pretty much standard equipment on every performance off shore boat. The reason they aren’t standard equipment or commonplace on walleye boats is simple – cost. They aren’t a cheap option.

Minor adjustments of the tabs to control the attitude of the boat, both front to back and side to side, make a BIG difference in ride quality and staying dry in rough water. They give you that control and adjustability at all speeds and in all conditions, and once you learn to use them, you’ll love them.

Warrior prides themselves on their rough water capabilities and being a premium boat company. The guys there know how to use trim tabs understand how valuable they are, that’s why they give their customers the option to have them factory installed.

Waxy

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Here is my two cents…The Warrior hull design is top notch, and the trim tabs are added simply because Warrior see’s a great advantage in providing even more control to your ride by utilizing the trim tabs. Often times people will assume that a boat has trim tabs to correct an improper hull design, or folks will assume that a boat needs trim tabs because of porpoising. Not entirely true. You will notice that all new Warriors have Lenco Trim Tabs (top quality). Lenco’s motto is “we make the best boats, better.” It is true! The Lenco trim tabs are electronically operated, and the toggle switch is conveniently placed near the throttle control at the drivers console. So why do you want trim tabs? Here are just a couple reasons to justify:

1. When weight (anglers/gear) are not evenly distributed in the boat, you don’t need to spend time re-arranging the placement of your gear, or the other anglers in your boat – simply adjust your trim tabs on the fly and you can elevate or drop one side of the boat in order to create a level ride.

2. Rough Water – you can utilize the trim tabs to eliminate slap by raising or lowering one side of the boat.

Get out and test drive one in order to form your own opinion, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the versatility of a boat with trim tabs.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Great replies Nick & Waxy ! We have now used Trim Tabs to help several other brands as well. If you run big ugly water, it is a tool that you will be grateful to have.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.