Fishing the canal?

• Shootermay
    Central Nebraska

Was wondering if anyone had tried the canal yet?

robby
    Quad Cities

Which canal?

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Shooter-
    You should amend your profile so folks know where your from.
    I grew up in Western NE so the only Tri-County-Canal I know is out there. Other wise we could be talking Panama, Suez, where ever. I haven’t fished that canal in 40 years, or more… used to be good form some trout

Shootermay
    Central Nebraska

Lol that’s a great point! Yes I’m referring to the tri- county canal in Gothenburg/ Lex area. We tried the checks yesterday with no luck and am ready to find some eyes and saugers.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

We tried the checks yesterday with no luck

Looks like you answered your original question.

It’s been slow, but should pick up sometime soon I would guess. We are definitely behind a little bit this year. Still.

Welcome to IDO.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Welcome to IDO.

Yes, I meant to add that, Welcome to IDO…

CJ

Quote:

Lol that’s a great point! Yes I’m referring to the tri- county canal in Gothenburg/ Lex area. We tried the checks yesterday with no luck and am ready to find some eyes and saugers.

I fished the check at Gothenburg on Wednesday evening and the inlet at Johnson Lake on Saturday evening with no luck. I do know one thing. We are getting close and if you stick with it, you will be catching fish soon. Just remember, after that first fish is caught, 45 people will want to fish in your shadow for the rest of the week.

4fishing

Quote:

Quote:

I fished the check at Gothenburg on Wednesday evening and the inlet at Johnson Lake on Saturday evening with no luck. I do know one thing. We are getting close and if you stick with it, you will be catching fish soon. Just remember, after that first fish is caught, 45 people will want to fish in your shadow for the rest of the week.

Only 45?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.