Track system – Traxstech vs. Cisco

• Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

Hello!

I’m contemplating pulling the rear cockpit rails and installing 72″ tracks on my 2018 WX2190. I’d like your thoughts/experiences with Cisco and Traxstech.

1. I might want black track, but I’m curious how it looks after some use (sliding stuff in/out of track, securing it).
    2. Any quality differences between these 2 tracks?
    3. Thoughts on 3 rod holder trees – which company do you prefer? Why?
    4. Rod holders for dipsy divers – which ones do I want?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Scott

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I don’t think it matters whether you choose Cisco or Traxstech for the tracks themselves. They are the same dimensions, so most any brand will fit in them. I had the black on my Skeeter and it held up well for the 2 summers I used it.

As far as rod trees, traxstech and others make some really nice ones, but they are really high priced as well. If you want function and heavy duty built ones for much cheaper check out great lakes planers. Not quite as refined as some of the others, but a much better value.

For dipsy’s I like Bert’s ratcheting rod holders. Very strong and pivot up to get the rod out without having to lean way over the gunnel trying to wrestle that sucker out of the holder with a big mad King on the other end!

Kenny Fisterbottom

I had Cisco on my last boat and they were great. Not sure what tracks I’ll have on the new boat, whatever warrior uses. IMO, the tracks are all pretty much the same.

Rod trees – I bought some off e-bay from a company out of Minnesota I believe. High Seas gear maybe. They are adjustable up and down the tree, and around the tree, but the angle of the holder is fixed. They were priced well when I bought them and have no regrets.

For dipsy holders, I have both Cisco short cradles as well as tubes. I liked the cradles as it was easy to get the rod out of the holder when a big king was ripping drag, but didn’t like the rod butts sticking into the boat so use the tubes now. I little tougher to pull the rod under load, but in a 20 foot walleye boat, I got tired of rod butt being just below belt level and getting jabbed in the giblets in big water.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Scott, another option is to hybrid it shortening the rails with trax. My personal choice. Either brand mentioned is fine. My experience is the black shows the wear more than the silver from use.

bclii
    MN/AZ

I’ve had both, and both are good tracks! But today, I’d op for the traxstech because of the Traxstech Split Side Rail that’s available in the longer tracks. This imho is a great option to have, versus sliding things in from each end!

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I’ve had both, and both are good tracks! But today, I’d op for the traxstech because of the Traxstech Split Side Rail that’s available in the longer tracks. This imho is a great option to have, versus sliding things in from each end!

x2 The split rail is great. I’ve got the 72 inch tracks and it’s very nice to have access in the middle.

when a big king was ripping drag

I LOVE big dipsy bites! especially on the wire!

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

I have the black traxs on my fish hawk. They look sweet as they match the color, but when I use my cheap walleye rod holders they get silver on them from the scrape off and also don’t really stay clean. I don’t have that problem with the nice rod holders, but feel like it’s over kill to keep 400 in rod holders bouncing around the boat all summer. I do have trees from a guy who goes by H6 industries or something in face book. Pretty happy for how often I use them and what I paid.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I put blue water holders on my boat. I like the adjustment lever on them. They sell track as well. Good pricing and made to order in michigan!

Northcoast

First post for me, this forum was informative and helped me to decide on a Skeeter. I picked up a 2020 wx2200 about a month ago and love it. It’s primarily used on Lake Superior.

Black traxstech tracks with black 4 rod rod trees. Both work great and look sharp; really like the adjustability of the traxstech trees. Tracks are showing some wear, mostly from the downriggers.

Had silver cannon tracks on last boat, like these better.

Here is a photo of the boat, probably have to zoom in to see. It’s more of a fly fishing photo than a boat photo ha, But it the only one I have.

Cheers – Luke

Attachments:
    1. 375D822E-EF3D-484B-9EEF-3555202F6F1D.jpeg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I don’t think you will like the 72” track. If you are swapping things on/off, more of a pain with a single track. Just rigged the neighbor kids boat with Berts tracks in short segments. 6” and 17”. Additionally we often for the magnum metalz universals adapter plates. Super stout system

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I don’t think you will like the 72” track. If you are swapping things on/off, more of a pain with a single track. Just rigged the neighbor kids boat with Berts tracks in short segments. 6” and 17”. Additionally we often for the magnum metalz universals adapter plates. Super stout system

Randy- Agree with you 100% on the long tracks, but now Traxstech offers a an entry point in the middle of the track, so you can load/unload stuff from the front, back, or middle. On my old long tracks, I would often find myself removing some items just to get to others, but not anymore. I typically have 2 items (Downrigger and Dipsy rod holder) in front of the split, and another 2 items (4 rod tree and tool holder) behind the split. I can remove any item by itself without issue.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

Randy- Agree with you 100% on the long tracks, but now Traxstech offers a an entry point in the middle of the track, so you can load/unload stuff from the front, back, or middle. On my old long tracks, I would often find myself removing some items just to get to others, but not anymore. I typically have 2 items (Downrigger and Dipsy rod holder) in front of the split, and another 2 items (4 rod tree and tool holder) behind the split. I can remove any item by itself without issue.

X2 !

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Here’s a picture of the middle cut out.

Attachments:
    1. traxstech-cutout.jpg

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

Thanks everyone! I learned that 60″ tracks will cover the holes left from the rails on my WX2190, so I’ll go 60″ or 72″.

I also spoke with Cisco and they will custom make the middle cut out (as to_setter shows above) upon request.

Couldn’t get in touch with anyone at Traxstech, left a message yesterday and I don’t think they have sales hours on Friday to call me back.

I really appreciate the feedback and ideas guys – thanks!

Scott

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

Leaning towards traxstech in black by the way…

Scott

shady5

Are all tracks 4” wide? I might be considering a Big Jon riser on a Traxtech track, but don’t know if it would fit.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Howd they look Scott? I may stop over in the spring when it comes out of storage. I went with Cannon..

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

They turned out great – very happy with Cisco.

Scott

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I love this new rail system! I put cannons on my ride. I cut out a notch in the middle of mine to get holders out without taking the ends off. 1 less screwdriver to dump into the lake. lol I put my Folbe rod holders in there and they hold steady! Looking at maybe adding a trolling rod tree in the future.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I put High Seas Gear tracks and trees on mine with traxtech mounts to the alumacraft tracks thought they were pretty nice , no complaints.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I just put 60″ Fin-Gear Tracks on my 2060. Absolutely love them as well!

The nice thing about them as well is you can get them in custom colors and multicolor to match your boat. I just got silver ones but I wish I would have went with the Black and swirl blue ones.

Musky Ed

Had Traxstech on my last two boats. Went with the black version, not much scratching or wear, but they are a nightmare when waxing the boat. You really have to be careful. First boat, MX2040, went with a cut off rail and about 5′ of trax. Looked really nice, and they capped the end of the rail tube so that it looked as it came that way from the factory, Boat now, WX2200 has 6′ of trax with a 12″ grab rail/handle mounted just in front of it on ea side. The handle is really nice when getting in and out of the boat when on the trailer, or tying up to the dock. I have Traxstech trees also, and they are really nice. Also have three single traxstech rod holders, and they, all 3, have been giving me problems/ sticking after about 4 years of use. Would not buy them again. I am going to be buying some Cannon rattaching singles to replace them. I do have to admit though that I now have the single tube Traxstech holders working by some creative lubing. You can not take them apart to work on them, and if you don’t get them working to your satisfaction, you need to send them in to be fixed on your dime for shipping. After talking to them, they were really proud of there tight tolerance, but after experiencing problems with all three, I would have been much happier if the cogs had another .002-.003 clearance.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.