Toyota Tacoma?

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Go to know. Mine was built this summer so should be good to go.

Bearcat if you are aware of any known issues let us know.

They definitely don’t sound like a big mean truck but so far, I am very happy with the performance.
    [/quote]

Sorry I haven’t re checked in to this thread. My girls shop has a contract that they work on the Lexus, Toyotas stuff. My buddy was looking at buying the new one and her noss told him to go v8 or wait for the kinks he is seeing to be worked out. I will ask for more details and report back.

10klakes

I never heard complaints about Tacoma’s being sluggish? For sure not the tundra as the older models had 381 hp!? Maybe a 4 cylinder Tacoma?

Only referring to Tacoma, not Tundra. Probably all relative to what your previous vehicle was and driving style. Might just be people forgetting they are driving a mid size pick up, not a sports car.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2023-08-08-103100.jpg

buschman
    Pool 2

One of my coworkers has a 2023 Tacoma so I took it out for a drive today. I have owned a Toyota pickup but was a manual. I will agree. It is not the fastest truck but did not expect it to be either. He said it pulls great though. He doesnt notice much of a difference pulling his trailer vs bobtailing around.

I am still juggling this idea around and do appreciate all the replies!!

ajw

Tacomas are cool trucks. I was considering one for a while. My hangups are the seats feel like you’re sitting on the floor (super low, weird leg angle), and the backseat is near unusable small. On top of the other usual midsize truck shortcomings. Just couldn’t do it. Saving my pennies for a tundra now

jwellsy

Any news about the Toyota Tacoma diesel that supposedly came out in 2022?

catnip
    south metro

The Toyota trucks rust out underneath much faster than any other vehicle sold in the USA. That’s the only downside. Just get it undercoated really really well and it will last forever.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The Toyota trucks rust out underneath much faster than any other vehicle sold in the USA. That’s the only downside. Just get it undercoated really really well and it will last forever.

You have some data around that claim? There was an issue with 1st gens which hasn’t been an issue for nearly 15 years at this point from what I understand.

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

My Dad’s 2019 Silverado 2500 is rusting pretty bad and he only has 28k miles on it. It’s almost as bad as my 2008 Tundra (180k) when we took a good look underneath our trucks a few days ago.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

2013 and newer Toyotas are special trucks. I have personally never seen one with rust living in Nebraska. I may be biased, but outside of a aluminum ford they are the best IMO. Dodge/Chevy seem to rust over the fenders within 10 years as well as the rockers.

I have a 2021 Tundra and this was one of my selling points. I had mine coated from the factory and there is a guy here in town that does the fluid coating every 2 years for $225. Cheap insurance.

https://www.gottschsgoo.com/

big_g
    Isle, MN

According to Toyota and Recall K0D, they have issues with 2011-2017 in the salt belt states.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

According to Toyota and Recall K0D, they have issues with 2011-2017 in the salt belt states.

Did they change the steel used or are the newer one 17 plus to new to know ?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am not sure on the metal if they changed it, but it sounds like maybe some of the holes or openings in the frame, salt and such is getting in and rusting internally as well as surface… (think both sides rusting…meeting in the middle) they may have redesigned the openings or treated the frames internally better. Every vehicle in MN will have external frame surface rust, it’s when it becomes perforated that the strength is compromised.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I think the dealers were installing a electric device that hooked to the battery and to the frame to help with this. A buddy of mine had it done on his wives Tacoma.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.