Top 3 Muskie Lures

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Add a flaptail to the list. Not cheap but worth the cost. I have the bomb squad one.

Those are one odd looking bait. Have had rather poor luck with top water baits for the pike in Canada. But could see where Musky here would hit them. Never understood why topwater baits don’t work well on Canadian Pike. Just don’t see many surface strikes there

picklerick
    Central WI

Good one Bearcat. If its not broke – Why fix it right !!!!

The only damn things I’ve seen a musky hit. Oh and a spinner bait.
    All my musky baits don’t fricken work
    [/quote]

Pretty much my experience.
    1. Jig and minnow
    2. Jig and minnow tipped with a walleye.
    3. Hellhound

I have a box full of musky baits and three rod combos that I’ll likely be selling at the town rummage sale June 1st. Whatever’s left I’ll be posting here. I have cubital tunnel in my left arm and can only chuck larger baits for 10-15min. I didn’t use them once last year. I’m worried that if I actually hooked up I might get the rod yanked out of my hand because my grip strength is pretty bad, but I’m not going to have surgery until it effects my job.

BrianF

#1 Beaver Baits Lake Edition Beaver XL in all black or all white
    #2 Chaos Tackle Posseidon 10″ in a cisco pattern
    #3 MuskyFrenzy Lures – Stagger Blade IC7 – Green Lightning or black/black

My other 300 musky baits are for sale.

Brian

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

#1 Beaver Baits Lake Edition Beaver XL in all black or all white
    #2 Chaos Tackle Posseidon 10″ in a cisco pattern
    #3 MuskyFrenzy Lures – Stagger Blade IC7 – Green Lightning or black/black

My other 300 musky baits are for sale.

Brian

Brian – You ever fish the original Shadzillas? They have been out go to bait for our Fall Canada trip for as long as I can remember. Being they are hollowed bodied they tend to get tore up rather fast. The last few years we have purchased both Posseidons and Swimming dogs hoping they would hold up better. Neither bait seems to work as well as the Shadzillas. Good thing is they sell just the body’s for them. We have a ton of the weight hook harness’s that go in them. Always hope to find something new that works as good but so far no luck

BrianF

I have – and have fished with – the original Shadzilla, Mag Shadzilla, and Shadzilla X. Of these, the original Shadzilla has proven the most productive. The mag version was a little sluggish due to greater bulk and didn’t sink fast enough for my liking. Same with the X version. All would/have produced for others, but mine have been left in the garage in favor of the beaver and the (weighted) Poseidon which I can fish faster at depth and get to those depths quicker. These are important attributes for how I fish. All of us imbecilic musky fisherman know that speed kills when it comes to these crazy fish. So, I want to fish big rubber baits at bucktail speeds, even when running them 15-20′ down. A weighted Poseidon and the lake edition beaver are just better for doing that IMO.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.