Tonight on TV

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

At 9:30 on channel 2 there is a story on the St. Croix River. Some might find it interesting.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Every time I switched over to check it out they were begging for money….

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

-J.

Same here. Ruined it for themselves

404 ERROR
    MN

-J.

Plus they continually knock on my door with a “no solicitors” sign, asking for money. Get off my lawn…

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

-J.

I hate pledge whining.

S.R.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Ahhh… Sweeps Week.

Only channel flipped thru it. It struck me as a bit of a Craig Blacklock photo essay. Was there a history documentary aspect to the show? Maybe there were multiple shows and I only caught glimpses of the photography.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Pbs has some fantastic programming on TV. I support that yearly and will tolerate pledge drives to keep the quality flowing out that you just don’t get anywhere else.

As far as public radio goes, blow it up (figuratively) and let em fund their leftist views elsewhere. Enjoyed it for years but has gotten so skewed it’s unlistenable. Car talk, wait wait, radiolab at times, we’re pretty good. Miss those.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I guess you would prefer some corporate advertiser with an agenda paying for the information you recieve.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I don’t think anyone who watches TV would argue that commercial TV is better. 20 minutes of stupid commercials in a 30 minute program is enough to make one puke. It has become truly unwatchable.

My objection is that the best programming on public TV seems to happen during pledge drives, and then they break that up with those incredibly annoying station breaks where they beg for money. I’d be much more likely to donate if they didn’t do the pledge breaks.

And don’t forget that in 2018 the federal government handed over $465 million of your tax dollars to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, so we’re all chipping in anyway.

S.R.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.