Today's Show

• shady5

Could James or Paul comment on the depths they were fishing in Bay De Noc? Thanks.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I think James mentioned going a bit deeper from a 12′ reef

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Could James or Paul comment on the depths they were fishing in Bay De Noc? Thanks.

Our best depth was 13 to 16 feet with the vast majority of fish coming from the areas we mapped that showed the tightest/ sharpest break.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thank you.

Happy to help.

Here’s today’s show on Youtube if you missed it this morning on FSN.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I like the idea of finding the spot on the spot.
    Those were beautiful Golden Walleyes.

Am I correct in assuming the Garmin is Re-configuring the lake contour map? So actually you would have a more precise personalized map than anyone else?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Am I correct in assuming the Garmin is Re-configuring the lake contour map? So actually you would have a more precise personalized map than anyone else?

Correct. No commercial survey could ever compare to the accuracy possible using quick draw. Quick Draw updates the depth information, in effect creating a new map that can be turned on or off should an angler ever choose to review the original depth info.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

Correct. No commercial survey could ever compare to the accuracy possible using quick draw. Quick Draw updates the depth information, in effect creating a new map that can be turned on or off should an angler ever choose to review the original depth info.

It’s really mind boggling how advanced the technology is! And with no sign of it showing down it makes me wonder what will be possible in five years.

wall3y3

I saw you guys were using 10# 832 for your main line – what type of leader did you use on your setup for the show? 10# fluoro?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I saw you guys were using 10# 832 for your main line – what type of leader did you use on your setup for the show? 10# fluoro?

12# flouro.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

James, what landing net are you using? Any what do you like or hate about it?

-J.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.