Thoughts and Prayers to the Burnsville PD and EMS

• CaptainMusky

I didn’t post anything on this yesterday because I didn’t know what to add.

But I do find it disgusting when politicians that have been undermining law enforcement for years suddenly feel the need to tweet their support.

You mean like Klobuchar?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

But I do find it disgusting when politicians that have been undermining law enforcement for years suddenly feel the need to tweet their support.

Disgusting YES, Surprising NO !!!!! This is just normal activity for a politician.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

My thanks and condolences to the family and friends of the 3 men who lost their lives while protecting the rest of us.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Like the Mpls City Council that voted to defund the police. And then one of them asks for extra security from the Mpls police dept because she is receiving threats. doah

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

I seen that today also bzzsaw and a pic of him. Being a Burnsville resident going on 36 yrs this just flat out sucks, I’ve seen and talked to several officers at the city hall and the ice rink over the yrs and they are some great people. I wouldn’t wish this on any community but something needs to change. This will never end, only get worse.
    I voiced my opinion in the home defense thread about guns, I’m sure lots didn’t like it but it’s the truth. Even the boys at work that own AR’s walk otta the room when the subject comes up, cuz they know it’s a gun that shouldn’t be. Anywho the wife just said another shooting going on in Brooklyn park….awesome.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I voiced my opinion in the home defense thread about guns, I’m sure lots didn’t like it but it’s the truth. Even the boys at work that own AR’s walk otta the room when the subject comes up, cuz they know it’s a gun that shouldn’t be. Anywho the wife just said another shooting going on in Brooklyn park….awesome.

That’s your opinion.. I couldn’t disagree more. The type of gun makes no difference. He chose violence. It’s not the guns fault.

CaptainMusky

And he shouldn’t have had one in the first place so there’s that.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would never walk out of the room… the 2nd Amendment was written to defend against a tyrannical government. Does this seem far fetched to you today ? coffee

RIP gentlemen, the ultimate sacrifice.

stout93
    Becker MN

I seen that today also bzzsaw and a pic of him. Being a Burnsville resident going on 36 yrs this just flat out sucks, I’ve seen and talked to several officers at the city hall and the ice rink over the yrs and they are some great people. I wouldn’t wish this on any community but something needs to change. This will never end, only get worse.

I’ll take things that never happened for $500 Alex…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I voiced my opinion in the home defense thread about guns, I’m sure lots didn’t like it but it’s the truth. Even the boys at work that own AR’s walk otta the room when the subject comes up, cuz they know it’s a gun that shouldn’t be.

You are entitled to your opinion. I personally don’t think the type of gun matters at all. Evil is Evil and the tool used by Evil doesn’t matter.
    My guess the reason the boys at work that own AR’s walk out when the subject comes up is because they are never going to say anything to people like you to change your mind on the subject nor let anything you say change theirs.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I voiced my opinion in the home defense thread about guns, I’m sure lots didn’t like it but it’s the truth. Even the boys at work that own AR’s walk otta the room when the subject comes up, cuz they know it’s a gun that shouldn’t be. Anywho the wife just said another shooting going on in Brooklyn park….awesome. [/quote]

What’s the truth about that opinion ? I can shoot just as fast with my semi auto, 30.06, 270, 12 gauge as I can with any of my ar platform guns. None of your co workers walk away because they know your right, they probably walk away because your argument and reasoning behind disliking a certain platform of rifle is comical. Why shouldn’t it be ? Probably because the media claims it’s a “assault riffle” “weapon of war” and many other ignorant names. None of which are true.
    Sorry to derail this thread.
    These shootings are tough to hear about.

jimmysiewert

Let’s get back to the reason of the post – the loss of 3 hero’s that lost their lives protecting and serving us.

As many know, the Shawn Schneider Memorial Fishing Tournament gives scholarships to kids annually that want to go into law enforcement in memory of Shawn, who lost his life in the line of duty here in Lake City MN. This great fishing tournament is because of the anglers like you and me.

Matthew Ruge was one of the first recipients of this scholarship. This hits home and it hits hard!

Thank you for serving us and you will always be remembered as hero’s.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Let’s get back to the reason of the post – the loss of 3 hero’s that lost their lives protecting and serving us.

As many know, the Shawn Schneider Memorial Fishing Tournament gives scholarships to kids annually that want to go into law enforcement in memory of Shawn, who lost his life in the line of duty here in Lake City MN. This great fishing tournament is because of the anglers like you and me.

Matthew Ruge was one of the first recipients of this scholarship. This hits home and it hits hard!

That is brutal…..But a great event and great cause.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

quick question jimmy…..since all this BS anti cop crap…..are the applications for this scholarship going down……about the same……..or going up??????

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Swimjiggin wrote:</div>

That’s your opinion.. I couldn’t disagree more. The type of gun makes no difference. He chose violence. It’s not the guns fault.

oh I get it, but like said the problem should’ve never had one. Just remember, you guys have a fall out with the wife, you’ll get booked and your guns will be taken. We just got back from the station with flowers, pretty somber…

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

oh I get it, but like said the problem should’ve never had one. Just remember, you guys have a fall out with the wife, you’ll get booked and your guns will be taken. We just got back from the station with flowers, pretty somber…
    [/quote]

Huh?
    I was right, it wasn’t worth engaging with you..
    Wow.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

ust remember, you guys have a fall out with the wife, you’ll get booked and your guns will be taken.

That’s completely untrue. Red flag laws state that weapons can be confiscated from someone who is deemed to be a threat to others or themselves ONLY after the case is presented with evidence and upheld by a judge.

A spouse, co-worker, neighbor, etc can complain all they want. Without proof it goes nowhere. Don’t give them a reason to do it, be a responsible gun owner, and you will not encounter a problem.

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

Huh?
    I was right, it wasn’t worth engaging with you..
    Wow.
    [/quote] Sorry, what else you want me to say? It’s a pretty no Brainer. And Gim, just seen it 2 weeks ago. A gentleman spent Friday into Monday after a domestic in jail. It could be the proof you speak of but a search was done.

jimmysiewert

Part part Swimjiggen don’t you get to keep this post about the heros we lost???

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

I do jimmy. I just mentioned the wrong thing and it exploded. Like I said I live and breathe in this town and wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

jimmysiewert

I get it swimjiggin and thank you. Let’s all work on keeping this post as it was intended

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Swimjiggin,
    Your first sentence in your response to me doesn’t make sense. It’s an incomplete sentence…..
    Then you said I’ll “get booked and have my guns taken if I have a fall out with my wife”, which is untrue.
    All of this having nothing to do with our original discussion, which was blaming the gun or type of gun.

I’m sorry for contributing to the derailment of this thread.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Nobody is getting their guns taken away regardless of what red flag laws or anything like that are passed. Those are nothing more than an attempt to appease the masses and get votes. This guy was a felon who “had his guns taken away” and we can see that phrase meant nothing. You can’t legislate your way out of a national crisis (mental health issues + a slow but sure loss of traditional family systems in society)

Enforce the laws that are on the books and prosecute repeat offenders of domestic assault to the fullest extent of the law. Get back to valuing the traditional family that puts that “unit” before all else. Watch out for yourself and your loved ones.

MX1825

Nobody is getting their guns taken away regardless of what red flag laws or anything like that are passed. Those are nothing more than an attempt to appease the masses and get votes. This guy was a felon who “had his guns taken away” and we can see that phrase meant nothing. You can’t legislate your way out of a national crisis (mental health issues + a slow but sure loss of traditional family systems in society)

Enforce the laws that are on the books and prosecute repeat offenders of domestic assault to the fullest extent of the law. Get back to valuing the traditional family that puts that “unit” before all else. Watch out for yourself and your loved ones.

Well put bucky.

CaptainMusky

^this. Dont spin those who break the law out to repeat offend.

jimmysiewert

I am absolutely baffled and flabbergasted that people cannot keep this topic on task. Mourn the lost hero’s here on this post…..

and start your own post bitching about the laws, etc.

CaptainMusky

I am absolutely baffled and flabbergasted that people cannot keep this topic on task. Mourn the lost hero’s here on this post…..

I think we have all done that already on page 1 or did you miss that?

jimmysiewert

Sorry CaptainMusky but the post title is: THOGHTS AND PRAYERS TO THE PD AND EMS.

Start a separate post for all others to bitch about your perception of law meanings.

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

It’s still strange around here. Driving around town you always see a cop or 2, but since Sunday I havnt seen a one. Maybe just timing..

CaptainMusky

Sorry CaptainMusky but the post title is: THOGHTS AND PRAYERS TO THE PD AND EMS.

Start a separate post for all others to bitch about your perception of law meanings.

The point is this senseless act should have never happened which is what the latest discussion is about. You can just scroll on past you know?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.