Those interested in Livescope

• klang

Talked to a manager in Bass Pro today and he said they are going to be putting the remaining 93SV’s on sale sometime in Feb. He said they were going to be discounted by $400. They want to get rid of them since they came out with the new Ultra 93SV.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Can I use Cabelas Gift certificates at Bass Pro?

They’ve been selling sub $600 since the new year. I believe there’s a $200 rebate on the lvs starting soon as well.

klang

Yes, Cabelas and Bass Pro honor club points and gift certificates from each other.

Here’s some info on the rebate.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200129-161108_Samsung-Internet.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yes, Cabelas and <em class=”ido-tag-em”>Bass Pro honor club points and gift certificates from each other.

YES!
    I got enough points for one. yay

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Would that make it like 360?

Imo, this is possibly the most righteous software update in the history of sport fishing.

klang

Here’s a Video that explains it. Will take a new $100 mount.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

So, if I want to use this on my hull mounted transducer I just need the update and a new bracket? Seems like si and di would work then?

CaptainMusky

So, if I want to use this on my hull mounted transducer I just need the update and a new bracket? Seems like si and di would work then?

From what I was reading I think its more intended for the trolling motor than transom mount. I would also think you would need to do a SW update but I didnt specifically read that.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I need to change my setup I think. The trolling motor setup isn’t ideal for the river though.

The only answer is I need 2 transducers I guess….

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Does anyone have any idea if Garmin is about to release new technology? Typically when electronic prices are slashed its to clean out inventory so I was wondering if something else is coming with the rebate they have going on. I’m about to pull the trigger on the livescope but I’d hate to do it and have something better come out.

Me too, but I haven’t seen any true price slashings.

CaptainMusky

Does anyone have any idea if Garmin is about to release new technology?

They released the new Ultra HD units last Fall so I wouldnt imagine upgraded units before then, but the new LiveScope perspective was just announced. I would be surprised if something else comes out before Fall.

klang

Does anyone have any idea if Garmin is about to release new technology? Typically when electronic prices are slashed its to clean out inventory so I was wondering if something else is coming with the rebate they have going on. I’m about to pull the trigger on the livescope but I’d hate to do it and have something better come out.

There is rumors that they are going to make an announcement in March about something?????? I would think with the $200 rebate out they are trying to move inventory for some reason????? Just my 2 cents.

I would guess something new will be out for iCast. I’m personay hoping for an upgraded ps30 type ducer.

bechjl15

I wonder if Garmin is coming out with a trolling motor with livescope in it. All they have today is the Gforce, but wonder if they are going to try doing spotlock to compete with Minnkota…

klang

So I am putting my transducer on a pole, not the trolling motor. Do I need to buy a mount that is not offset?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I wonder if Garmin is coming out with a trolling motor with livescope in it. All they have today is the Gforce, but wonder if they are going to try doing spotlock to compete with Minnkota…

Ok, it would not surprise me if Garmin doesn’t introduce the TM with a switchable view. O maybe Lowrance will when they introduce theirs, Woops wait, if you act in the next 5 minuter and order now,,,,,,,,, we’ll include the HB,,,,,,,

Ok you get the picture. We are in another evolving electronics wonderworld of advancement! My statement is to be patient and let the dust settle. Watch and learn. All the “Latest” will be rough around the edges, then evolve.

Remember “Atari” and now think of some of the computer game that you have now.

Point is sit back, watch and learn as the technology evolves. Less money spent on the whim and jump on when it seems that the dust is settling a bit. Then you are still on the cutting edge with an informed mind. mo

klang

Klang – not a need. The offset only helps in instances where the angler is aiming to track a bait. If you plan to vertical jig or want to track troll-drag-cast lures, it can simplify that.

I was in hopes of using it to target fish on brush piles, so do you think it would be better to get another mount, if so any suggestions?
    Thanks

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.