This sure wont help the ice fishing itch!!

• Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

While I am enjoying fall bass and walleye action, the itch to get on some ice grows by the day, this sure didnt help. Picked up just under an inch of snow this morning in the Bloomer, Wi area. Went into scheels and they are already gearing up for the ice fishing season too starting next week, hopefully not long now until its time to chase those basin crappies!

Attachments:
    1. 156095_10152655964981311_2227826767637135751_n.jpg

Bryan Myers

I must have slept in to late, I heard we got snow in Bloomer but when I finally looked outside this am it was all green. If I saw the snow I probably would have got the Otter out of the shed and fired up the Strikemaster! I can’t wait!!

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Haha I hear ya! I already got my flasher out last week, love all species but I live for that winter basin crappie bite!! Cant wait!!

bcarlson
    Fargo ND.

HAHA!! I already have the jigs tied, the strikemaster fuled, LX 3s charged and the Otter packed!!!!

zipdogfishing
    Utah

When do you ice belt guys typically start ice fishing? I’m jealous; here in Utah I have to wait until December.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Here in northern Chippewa county there are alot of little lakes in the forest land that freeze over earlier than the bigger lakes. I usually hit those while I wait for my better stuff to freeze since those are bigger. Most years the little forest lakes are good to go in late November sometimes mid Nov even, the bigger lakes are generally ready to go first week of Dec most winters.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Looking at the long range forecast for Ely, (which will obviously change by then) if nothing changes I will be on 3-4″ around the 10th of November this year… 3 days earlier than last year. It would be nice to celebrate a brotherly birthday with a big red mark coming in on the LX 6!

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Hoping for early nov but small lakes should be ready by thanksgiving. You def got a nice situation up there by Ely! Love fishing for trout on ice but since we dont have lakers or splake I might have to make a trip up this winter after watching that episode last year!

Bryan Myers

Haha I hear ya! I already got my flasher out last week, love all species but I live for that winter basin crappie bite!! Cant wait!!

I am with you, basin crappies are a riot! I spend the majority of my time on the ice cutting up the basins chasing the schools. Normaly by now I would have the Marcum out in the boat using my ice rods but I just haven’t had the time yet this fall.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin Phillips wrote:</div>

I am with you, basin crappies are a riot! I spend the majority of my time on the ice cutting up the basins chasing the schools. Normaly by now I would have the Marcum out in the boat using my ice rods but I just haven’t had the time yet this fall.

I hear ya! I have been able to get out a few times here and there this summer but not as much as I would like. Have been able to get out alot more recently though! The bass and walleye bite is decent right now but my mind is already on basin crappies this ice season!!

Bryan Myers

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bryan Myers wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin Phillips wrote:</div>

I hear ya! I have been able to get out a few times here and there this summer but not as much as I would like. Have been able to get out alot more recently though! The bass and walleye bite is decent right now but my mind is already on basin crappies this ice season!!

I hear you finding time to get out hasn’t been great for me either. But I have been spending a little time chasing some crappies with my daughter and they have been hungry! I haven’t checked any of the normal lakes I ice fish but in the shallower lakes in the area I have found lots of willing biters in the shallow wood.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

I may have to get on a crappie bite soon! I havent touched the lakes I ice fish yet either, the smallmouth bass bite sure has been nuts lately though! Thinking about hopping around some of the forest potholes next week!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.