MN

Would not recommend but if you do it I would have a wench

That’s no way to talk to your fishing partners chased

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>slipbob_nick wrote:</div>
    Go for it. no great story ever started with: “so I took the safer path.”

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>
    With that said, river ice can be sketchy as #$@*!

Yeah I need to balance those two statements because both ring loud and clear to me.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eye-full wrote:</div>
    Would not recommend but if you do it I would have a wench or come along with me to get the boat back out. Seems like a heck alot of work, why I got a kayak whistling .

Good suggestion on the winch. I personally would be more concerned about dumping a kayak in that cold water than I am about any element of the above scenarios.

Understandable there, would not do it in a yak unless you have experience in one. A lot of yaks made today are very stable and would be very hard to turn over, I purposely dumped mine in summer just for practice and to find it’s limits.
    If you give it a go would love to see some pics of how your wheels work!

buschman
    Pool 2

I have spent a lot of days down on P2 in a Bell Marlin solo canoe. Winter and spring. It can pay off big if you find the right spot at the right time.

I appreciate having the river to myself also. Even a slow day is a good day when you have this. Pool2fool, I would say you have a great idea. The worst that could happen is you get a little workout.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.